Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Tagged || Liebster Award



I was tagged by Anna over at A Storynerds Life for the Liebster Award quite a while back, and I'm finally getting around to it! Thanks for the nomination, Anna!


Tag Rules:
Thank the blog that nominated you for the award.
Answer the questions they gave you.
Give 11 fun facts about yourself.
Nominate 11 other bloggers for the award, and give them 11 questions to answer.

The questions:

Do you write for fun (stories, letters, blog posts, etc.) or just when absolutely necessary to write (school, notes, etc.)?
I write for fun all the time! I have a ton of stories I've written, but currently, I'm working on revising a book. I love writing letters (It's one of my favorite things), and blog posts are fun. Also, I'm out of school. =)

What is your favorite thing about blogging?
Definitely interacting with all the awesome people online. I love getting into conversations with people in the comments section, and learning about them! I've met more friends through blogging then anywhere else!

What genre of book do you hope to be famous for someday?
My dream would be for Sci-fi. I just grin like crazy anytime I get to write sci-fi and if I could make that my big genre, I would be happy. Though I also love non-romance contemporary YA.

What flavor of ice cream is tops overall?
Mint and chip. Best ice cream ever.

What would be your reaction if someone gave you a kitten?
I would probably squeal really loudly and hug them. (Seriously, this is one of my dreams.)

Inside or outside?
Outside. The trees, heat (Yes, I love the heat), breezes, and pretty much everything good is out there. When it's fall I practically live outside.

Who designed your blog?
I did. That's probably obvious, but I love this little blog.

During a rainstorm are you more likely to curl up and read, or go out to enjoy the rain?
Um, both! (Is that cheating?) I'll probably enjoy the rain, then curl up with a book. Rain is amazing. <3

Tell a random story about yourself.
*Spends ten minutes trying to think of any story that's not boring* Last time I was home alone I decided to polish the floors, so I shoved everything out of the living room, put Beauty and the Beast Broadway music on super loud and sung at the top of my lungs. I went to grab something in my room, the track ended and I stopped singing. When I came out a friend had come in from where she was staying in our guest cottage. All I could do for a moment was sit there and wonder how much of my rendition of "Home" she had heard. ;D

What was the last person you met that you stole their name for a story character?
Ouch. Making me tell hard secrets. I really don't know. While I do love stealing names for books, I normally steal from other books. The last time I remember doing it from a real person was a character named Katlin.

Pens or pencils?
Pens all the way!


Eleven facts:

1. I have done the Liebster Award seven times on this blog. This will be the eighth.
2. I normally write my blog posts about midnight these days.
3. I am about to hit my Goodreads reading goal.
4. I love snail mail very much.
5. If there was a job of profeshional book reviewer, I would do that.
6. I eat cookies for breakfast a lot.
7. I play Ultimate Frisbee every Sunday with a group from a bunch of different churches.
8. Red galoshes make me happy, so I finally got a pair last year.
9. I am currently writing a superhero flash fiction which is SO not my genre.
10. I really don't like most superheroes.
11. My currently reading shelf is about overflowing.


As for the nominations, I'm going to skip that part.

Well, that was fun! Thank you so much, Anna, for the nomination!


So what is your favorite ice cream flavor? What's your dream job?

8 comments:

  1. Loved reading your answers, Mikayla!! ❤👏
    The rainstorm question was a hard one... I'd do both too!
    Haha GREAT story about yourself! 😂 That's totally something I would accidentally do! Lol
    Red galoshes are AMAZING!! XD I have yet to find some, but i adore the pics I've seen of your pair!
    Thanks so much for doing this tag!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Anna!
      Haha, yeah, they're both great options!
      Lol, I tend to collect stories like that. ;D I got mine at Walmart when they were clearing them out. They have worked really well for what I payed for them!
      Thank you for tagging me!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations Mikayla. Love the questions and answers.
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank You Mikayla for all this information. You are a very interesting young lady. Congratulations on your Liebster nomination. God Bless.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun answers! :D
    KITTENS ARE THE BEST THO!!! <3 <3

    ReplyDelete

Let’s talk! Comment about anything; my blog post, what music you’re listening to right now, how the weather is where you are, I want to hear it all! Check back for my replies.
If you are using the anonymous option, please leave your name so I know it is not a spam comment. Thank you!!
Let’s do this. What’s on your mind?