Friday, May 3, 2019

April Highlights



Hello everyone! This is one of my first duel posts. I won't be doing this for long, so please go over and follow me on Mikaylaholman.blogspot.com to keep updated!


Participated in Camp NaNo, and wrote 10,000 words. I didn't get nearly as much done as I wanted in my story, but I did meet my goal.

So. Much. Weeding. But really, I loved it. 

I listened to Defy while water marbling. I recently discovered water marbling and I love it. 

I went to the dentist again, this one ended up being not so great, so we kind of just ignored all his advice. ;P  

I tried my hand at lemon pound cake. It turned out surprisingly well!

It was my Grandpa Leroy's birthday. He's in a nursing home, so we drove up to see him and spent the day with him. 



We went to an amazing passion play, and then we had our Passover celebration. On Easter we spent the whole day together at church, and then just chilling. Passover and Easter are my favorite holidays, so it was a really good weekend. 

I went to bible study with my sister Grace, and we had a late night fries run afterward. 

I registered for two events happening in six months. One a bubble run (I've never done one before, but they had free registration and it looked fun), and I registered to go back to the Gospel concert I attended last year.

My whole family went bowling. We found a great deal which included the food and went. I made two strikes, ate a ton of pizza, and had a blast. We had never been as a whole family before, so it was really fun to do. 



My sister Rose and I went to the beach for a couple of days, which was the best. I rode my first Ferris wheel, swam a ton in the ocean, rode the ferries, went to the Moody Gardens, and we ate ice cream on the beach. 



My favorite was probably my re-read of Defy, and my least favorite The Treasure of Secret Cove, though I liked all the books I read this month.
New Routine Stories by Firefly
Spring Pen Pal Ideas A Farmgirls Life
Internet Friends of The Left-Handed Typist

6 comments:

  1. Ohh the beach, pizza, bowling...you had a fun month!!!!!! April for me was full of sunshine, good books, a few friend meet-ups and watching Sherlock. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a very fun month! =) Ohh, that sounds like so much fun!! It was pretty stormy here all month. I hope May is amazing for you!

      Delete
  2. Mikayla you had a wonderful month. Marilyn and I have bowled a lot in the past. We belonged to teams. My highest game was 190. Marilyn won may trophies with a team(2nd place) and many for 200 games. She has been in tournaments too.
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, that's pretty awesome! I would love to do more boweling. Right now I am pretty bad. ;D

      Delete
  3. Thank You for the April Highlights. Glad you had a good month, except for the visit to the dentist. I love to bowl, it is so much fun. You read a lot of good books. HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your Grandpa Leo. God Bless.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete

Let’s talk! Comment about anything; my blog post, what music you’re listening to right now, how the weather is where you are, I want to hear it all! Check back for my replies.
If you are using the anonymous option, please leave your name so I know it is not a spam comment. Thank you!!
Let’s do this. What’s on your mind?