Friday, July 6, 2018

A Child's Dream


As a kid I would lie awake 
Wondering what my life would be like 
In ten or so years 
When I was almost twenty 
Funny how perfect life looked 
Though the eyes of a child
I planned on being 
Worlds best teenager 
And be working 
At worlds best job 
I would be confadent and kind
Everybody's friend 
Always ready to help 
Insted I'm here 
Ninteen years old
Far from the girl I planned to be
I am no perfect teenager 
I have faults just like the rest 
I still have not kicked my bad habbits 
I am not working a job 
There are so many things I could name  
That I did not live up to 
Those standards were a childs 
Who belived anything was possible 
As I grew older I realized 
I could never live up to those ideas 
But I have no intention 
Of letting those dreams go 
They may be impossible to me 
But they are not with God 
Its funny now looking back 
How important those dreams are 
In shaping who I become

This is for my nineteenth birthday Thursday. Also, the job I wanted most as a kid was to work for NASA, thus the shirt. 

8 comments:

  1. Nice poem and shirt - happy belated birthday! I turn 20 next month...boy, time flies!!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I aprechiate it. <3 Ohh, awesome! Happy very early birthday!! It is crazy how time flys. I hope you have an amazing birthday!! =D

      Delete
  2. Mikayla I hope you had a great birthday. Wishing you a year of joy,love and blessings.
    HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had an awesome birthday! Thank you so much!
      <3
      -Mikayla-

      Delete
  3. What a lovely post. Hope your birthday was everything you wanted it to be. Wishing you a year of happiness and blessings. God Bless.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My birthday was great, thank you!! <3 I really aprechiate it!

      Delete
  4. As usual, lovely poem Mikayla! Hope you had a wonderful birthday. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Emily! I had an awesome birthday, thanks! <3

      Delete

Let’s talk! Comment about anything; my blog post, what music you’re listening to right now, how the weather is where you are, I want to hear it all! Check back for my replies.
If you are using the anonymous option, please leave your name so I know it is not a spam comment. Thank you!!
Let’s do this. What’s on your mind?