Friday, April 5, 2019

March Highlights


Hello everyone! It's nice to be back! March was a hectic month, full of ups and downs. I also flew halfway across the country to spend a week with friends in Georgia. 


My babysitting job at the church is over for the season. It was a good semester, and I can't wait till my job comes back in the fall. <3

I finished designing the new blog. I'm almost ready to switch over!

I went to Whataburger with Rebekkah for breakfast one day. We listened to Bible and colored together. It was awesome.  

Flying back home

It also got warm enough that we were able to take a lot of walks! 

I got a haircut. So now it's back up the length it was last July. 

We got a tiny little puppy, Belle. We don't quite know what breed she is, but we're thinking Mini Aussie, with maybe a bit of Border Collie in her. 

My sister was in a wreck. The car was totaled, but praise be to God, neither of my sisters in the car were hurt. 


Toccoa Falls
Out kayaking 

Julia, me, and Jessica




I went on my Georgia trip.
Some trip highlights include: 
1. Spending six hours of travel time in the air, at airports, and getting my last Whataburger before I left Texas. 
2. Going to dinner with the lovely Hailey Hudson. (She is awesome
3. Getting adopted by my friend's cat (She took a lot of naps with me

4. Finally getting to see Toccoa Falls college.
5. Kayaking for the very first time (I loved it!!)

6. Hiking Tallulah Gorge. 1000+ stairs and worth every one of them. 
7. Little Ceasers pizza and Hallmark movies. 
8. Metting up with my friend Aubri (And staying at her house for the last two days of my trip
9. Getting to see Red Pandas again (Three of them!!
10. Flying out in the early morning. Which was nothing short of magical. 
11. Being met by my family, figuring out my sister had taken off work so she could come greet me, and being taken to Whataburger to celebrate being home. 

The trip wasn't perfect, it had some hard points, but it was good. It was a very mixed month for a lot of reasons, but I was insanely blessed to be able to do the things I did



I had a lot of time to read this month because of my trip. So my favorite (aside from Dear Mr. Knightly which was my sixth re-read) was Kiera. This was my first time reading the corrected version and it was beautiful! I pretty much liked everything I read this month!
Still I Grow on Sunshine and Joy
Weathered Wood A Farm Girls Life
Time Management Stories by Firefly 
I Forgot How to Write Elizabeth Anne

8 comments:

  1. Hi Mikayla;
    Nice to hear from you. What a busy month you had . It is nice that you get to spend time with friends that you do not see often. I love the picture of you Kayaking. You look so cute and happy. Glad that your sisters are okay. Mikayla you read many books in March. Good for you.
    HAPPY SPRING
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a pretty busy month! Yeah, it was awesome. Thanks! I had an abnormal amount of time for books in March.
      Happy spring!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you had a lovely month! So glad your trip was a blessing. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was pretty good! Thank you! I was very blessed to be able to go on it!

      Delete
  3. Thank You Mikayla, for the update. Glad you had a nice time with your friends. Sorry about your sister's car accident. Thank God your sisters are fine.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for the shoutout! I'm glad you enjoyed the final version. ;) (I didn't realize this was your first time reading it in that form. That's super fun.) Also, I think I have to read Dear Mr. Knightley someday. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure! It was pretty awesome. Yeah, I kept meaning to read it again, and was super happy to finally read it. You did an excellent job. <3 I hope you can!

      Delete

Let’s talk! Comment about anything; my blog post, what music you’re listening to right now, how the weather is where you are, I want to hear it all! Check back for my replies.
If you are using the anonymous option, please leave your name so I know it is not a spam comment. Thank you!!
Let’s do this. What’s on your mind?