Friday, October 27, 2017

I'm Still Waiting


I’m still waiting 
For that one thing
That is going to make me feel 
Like I have finally grown up 
I keep feeling like a little kid 
And I feel confused 
Because somedays 
I cherish the childhood 
I don’t want to let it go 
But other days 
I finally want that confidence 
I want that grown up feeling 
I want that self-assurance 
But maybe what I’m chasing 
Is not growing up after all 
Its self-improvement 
A feeling of having made myself better 
A feeling of contentment 
Of knowing what to do 
And I have to wonder 
Do you ever feel like you have that? 
Or do you get more as time goes on 
And you always feel 
Like there’s more 
So I’m still waiting 
For that one thing 
That will make me feel grown up 

2 comments:

Let’s talk! Comment about anything; my blog post, what music you’re listening to right now, how the weather is where you are, I want to hear it all! Check back for my replies.
If you are using the anonymous option, please leave your name so I know it is not a spam comment. Thank you!!
Let’s do this. What’s on your mind?