Monday, October 30, 2017

When Someday Becomes Today









  
In 2010 I was a little kid who didn't know what she wanted to do with her life. But my sister wrote Sci-fi novels, and I knew I wanted to write one as well. So I threw together a couple ideas and named it Flight From Kelar. I left the ideas in a document, thinking I'd get to it someday.

On November 1 2016 I penned the first words in my novel Flight From Kelar. I didn't know at the time it would be my first full length novel.

On February 28'th 2017 I wrote the ending words to my book bringing it to 58,000 words.

On July 31 I finished two rounds of simple edits cutting out almost three thousand words.





Between July and October I became so frustrated with my the book that I printed off five pages of it just so I could have the satisfaction of ripping it to pieces.
I had at least four planning sessions where I was sure I had found the issue with the book.


In September I finally sat down with a printed copy of the book and started fixing it.

On October 25, Precisely 51 weeks after beginning the book, I put the last of my edits into the computer.

Flight From Kelar is done for now.

To nine year old Mikayla, this was a someday project. But someday has become today. 

And I can't wait to see what's still in store for this project.


What is a someday project that you have finally been able to do?

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! That's an amazing accomplishment. Lovely pictures too! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Emily!! I am super excited!! <3

      Delete

Let’s talk! Comment about anything; my blog post, what music you’re listening to right now, how the weather is where you are, I want to hear it all! Check back for my replies.
If you are using the anonymous option, please leave your name so I know it is not a spam comment. Thank you!!
Let’s do this. What’s on your mind?