Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Camp || A Bedraggled Princess


Hello! Well, CampNaNo has not been going as planned. I am currently behind on my word count and short on inspiration. But, I'm going to keep trying. For today I've got some unedited sections from my work in progress, A Bedraggled Princess. 


Fear ravaged Thaylon like a beast never satisfied. It ran through the people, making them hide in their houses lest the feared end would come to them. War had not brought such terror with it. Drought had not made people hide in such a way. No, this was something much bigger, something no one could stop. Thaylon was being completely overtaken by illness. 


I leaned against the glass windows of the tower. Everything was safe in here, my parents told me. There was no need to worry. But the one thing they didn’t tell me was safe was the only thing I cared about; my brother. He was out there, sitting in one of the village huts, and I would never know if he was sick or well. 



“Did you not see the sign?” 
I cocked my head to one side. I backed up a few steps and looked around. My heart seemed to sink into the pit of my stomach like a rock. On a bright yellow canvas spread out over one of the windows was a large sign reading “Quarantine.” 

4 comments:

Let’s talk! Comment about anything; my blog post, what music you’re listening to right now, how the weather is where you are, I want to hear it all! Check back for my replies.
If you are using the anonymous option, please leave your name so I know it is not a spam comment. Thank you!!
Let’s do this. What’s on your mind?