Tuesday, April 3, 2018

March Highlights


March was pretty good, here are the highlights:



My sister and I rearranged our room just a bit so that all of my book could be on one wall. It's pretty awesome having all my books in one place after having them scattering all around the room for a long time.

I started driving! I've thrown us forward in our seats a couple times, and almost hit a building, but other then that, it's been going well!





My sister and I were taking pictures on this abandoned tractor and I had the brilliant idea to climb on top of it. I thought I was being really careful, then I found myself falling backwards off of it. Thankfully all I got for this experience was a giant black and purple bruise from landing on a metal part of it. =)

My sister, Rebekkah, and I made homemade chicken nuggets! They were surprisingly good.

My editing

My book, Just Your Ordinary Thief, has been a real pain to work with. It started off with me cutting out nearly 8,000 words of the 23,000 word document. Then I printed it off and highlighted the whole thing, which was pretty fun. Then I wrote 5,000 words I needed to bring it back up to my goal of 20,000. Now it's finally done and I am so happy to be done!

I had cookies for breakfast. Yes, this was a highlight of my month. ;)

I got to stay home alone one day, so I spent the morning reading Jessica Greysons newest book alone. *happy sigh*

I had enough s'mores to last me months. It was totally worth it. 



There were so many amazing books this month it would be impossible to pick a favorite!
Hello March Brin Lael
Something Summer of 1999
I Hope you Know Burning Youth
The Moment Before Letters to Jayna
First Post Revisited Stories by Firefly 
My Liberty Experience Scattered Scribblings 
Headlights and Flowers on a Rainy Day Chasing Moonlight


How was your March?

18 comments:

  1. Oh, that editing picture! All the writerly feels! And those flower pictures are awesome!! I absolutely love flower pictures!!

    LOL, your driving story is hilarious! I've flung my passengers forward in their seats countless times. I don't know if I've almost hit a building or not. I think not. But that's pretty funny!

    Sounds like you had a pretty amazing March! I hope April is just as great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, writerly feels are the best! <3 Thank you!!

      Haha, thanks! Yeah, my brother might have been a little overly confident in my ability's when he let me turn around in a small parking lot on one of my first lessons. ;D

      It was! Thank you so much, I hope your month is amazing!
      -Mikayla-

      Delete
  2. good luck with driving!! it can be pretty tricky, despite how effortless it looks!
    oooohhh, COOKIES FOR BREAKFAST?? that's #goals right there. XD
    congrats on your novel!! i wish i was close to finishing one of mine....but the plot bunnies keep attacking me!
    S'MORES *heart eye emoji*
    wishing you the very best of aprils!
    xx
    mira

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I know, it just looks so easy, but its not! ;P
      Yes, they are awesome! Haha, its good. ;D
      Thank you! This was just a novella, so it was a bit easier to work with. Haha, I know how that goes!
      You to!!

      Delete
  3. Sounds like you had a great march! April had come around so fast!
    I just recently got my temporary drivers license! It's been an experience;-).
    Cookies and s'more sound really yummy!
    Just looked through some of your other posts and wanted to tell you I really liked "I am Ivy" Are you making it into a book?
    -Brooklyne
    bensshowersofblessings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a pretty good! Yeah, it came on out of no where!
      Ohh, awesome! I hope that goes well for you!
      Indeed they are.
      Awww, thank you so much! That is one of my favorites. <3 I have not worked on forming it into a full novel, but I certainty have it in the back of my head. I would love to do it if I can!
      Thank you so much, Broklyne!

      Delete
  4. Falling off a tractor sounds scary, glad you're okay!

    Your editing is hardcore, wow. O_o

    I'm glad you had a good March, here's to an even better April!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I was pretty scared that I was going to break my leg for a moment because my leg got caught for a second. XP But it's all good!

      Haha, this was my first time doing it that intense! It was actually really fun! What's your editing look like?

      Thank you!! I hope you have an incredible April!

      Delete
    2. I plan on just getting my first draft printed in a spiral notebook and then going through with highlighters and red pens. XD

      Delete
    3. That sounds good! Red pens and highlighters are an editors best friend. =)

      Delete
  5. OUCHHHH! I would have made that experience an excuse to skip school and read, haha! yes yes, driving sounds like its going good;D Lots of great reads!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, sounds good. I would have taken off my work if I could have. ;D Thanks! Do you drive yet?

      Delete
    2. No, I'm not sure I want to;D

      Delete
    3. As much as I laugh about my mistakes, for the most part, driving is fun. =)

      Delete
  6. Sounds like a busy month. :)
    I've never highlighted my stories while editing. What do you do? Do you actually highlight the entire story, or just places that need fixed?

    I didn't get to read a lot in March. I'm hoping I can read a little more this month in spite of doing Camp. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used color coding, each one meant something different. Green meant I needed to add a scene (or just paragraph). Orange meant I needed to cut something out. Blue was for overuse of a certain type of sentence (I was looking for one of my pitfalls). And pink was for new chapter breaks. I forget what yellow was... ;P Then I used coordinating pens to make notes if I needed them. It worked out really well. =)

      I hope April is very productive!

      Delete
    2. That sounds like a good way to do it. I edit as I write so I'm not usually faced with a full story that needs serious editing, but I find it interesting to know how others do it. :)

      Delete
    3. I'm not sure I could ever edit as I go, but it sounds cool! Maybe I should try it sometime. =)

      Delete

Let’s talk! Comment about anything; my blog post, what music you’re listening to right now, how the weather is where you are, I want to hear it all! Check back for my replies.
If you are using the anonymous option, please leave your name so I know it is not a spam comment. Thank you!!
Let’s do this. What’s on your mind?