Friday, April 27, 2018

Love in Simple Things


I wrote this about my dear friend who let me stay at her house for a whole week last year. Love ya, girl!


You invited me into your life 
You let me stay for awhile 
It wasn't for very long 
But I fell in love 
With everything about it
I never wanted to leave
The way you treated your siblings 
That simple act of caring 
You always did for your mom 
The way you loved mornings 
I'd watch you breathe it in 
Meeting God in that quiet time 
The way you grinned 
Every time I came in the room
I fell in love with everything 
I never wanted to leave 
We both know knew I had to
But it doesn't ease the ache 
But I'll be back
and I'm never going to forget 
How much I fell in love 
with everything about you
Until I can do it  
All over again

4 comments:

Let’s talk! Comment about anything; my blog post, what music you’re listening to right now, how the weather is where you are, I want to hear it all! Check back for my replies.
If you are using the anonymous option, please leave your name so I know it is not a spam comment. Thank you!!
Let’s do this. What’s on your mind?