Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Goals

Hey guys, whats up? I was going through some old files on the computer today hoping to clear up some space and do you know what I found? Of course you don't thats why your reading this. ;D I found a goal of mine from December of 2012 to write 15.000 words in January 2013. I was hoping to finish The McNeil Adventures up. Unfortunately, it didn't happen, I think I wrote around 1.000 words before abandoning the protect. At the time 15.000 words in one month was a dizzying prospect and you would think looking back on it I would think it was a puny goal or a bad one because I couldn't keep it, but I don't look at it that way at all. I am sitting here congratulating myself for having the courage to try that (Yes, I know, I'm self-absorbed sometimes). Now I had no idea that I would go on to latter that year writing 50.000 words in 29 days, I didn't even know I was going to do it until October when Sarah said "Hey you want to do NaNoWriMo with me?" and I accepted.
Goals in general make me nerves, especially writing goals because it takes a lot of willpower from me to keep them and I don't always feel like putting all my willpower into a protect. But this year I'm going to work very hard on keeping the goals I've set for myself, including doing NaNoWriMo again. 
Do you struggle with keeping goals? 

If you actually read that not very well written ramble, Thank you!
-Mikayla-

1 comment:

  1. Hiya, Mikayla! I wanted to drop you a note and tell you that I nominated you for the Sunshine Award. You can find out more at my blog: http://homeschooledauthor.blogspot.com/2014/01/sunshine-award.html

    Thanks, Ya'll =)
    ~J.

    ReplyDelete

Let’s talk! Comment about anything; my blog post, what music you’re listening to right now, how the weather is where you are, I want to hear it all! Check back for my replies.
If you are using the anonymous option, please leave your name so I know it is not a spam comment. Thank you!!
Let’s do this. What’s on your mind?