Friday, October 23, 2015

Food For Thought #39

Of God and Planets



I have never actually seen the planets. I have seen many pictures of them, but I have never had the pleasure of seeing them for myself. 

Never having actually physically seen the planets, someone could make the argument that I don’t really know if there actually there. That I have no foundation for my belief in them. 

But I firmly believe that there are eight other planets in this solar system. I don’t just believe because I have been told this, but also because I have seen the evidence of them. They create gravitational pull on things. Also, I know people who have seen them, and I trust them. 

You could still say that it’s silly for me to believe that the planets are there. Yet I think you would be hard pressed to find someone who didn’t believe the eight other planets existed. 

Now, the same can go for God. I have never seen him, but the evidence is all around me, proving to me that he is there. And I have seen beautiful pieces of artwork every single day made by God, they couldn’t have just come from nothing. 

If as many people believed in God as they did in the planets, can you imagine what the world would be like?

-Mikayla-

2 comments:

  1. "For the invisible things of Him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they (Gentiles) are without excuse." This verse is saying that creation testifies to God's power. No one can look at the stars, or the ocean, or a flower and not know deep down the power of God. AMAZING post, Mikayla <3

    ReplyDelete

Let’s talk! Comment about anything; my blog post, what music you’re listening to right now, how the weather is where you are, I want to hear it all! Check back for my replies.
If you are using the anonymous option, please leave your name so I know it is not a spam comment. Thank you!!
Let’s do this. What’s on your mind?