Friday, March 18, 2016

Food For Thought #59

What St. Patrick’s Day means to me



Happy St. Patrick’s Day! I know it’s a day late but when you’re celebrating someone’s life, I generally think you can do it all year round.
I did a post on St. Patrick’s day last year, but I thought I do another one this year. Hopefully better. 

I think that we forget what St. Patrick’s day is about all to easily. Most of the people I know see it as a day to wear green. 
A day if you don’t wear green you get pinched. 
A day where we have clover around. 
A day where we celebrate the Irish. 
A day where we talk a lot about luck.

But that’s not what St. Patrick’s day is about. 
March 17’th is a day we set aside to honor a man that was not Irish. Patrick was a young boy from Great Briton and when he was around sixteen he was taken captive by Irishmen and taken to their homeland. There Patrick served as a slave, watching after animals. After six years Patrick was able to go back to his home. But then, here we see a change of heart. After being taken from his homeland and made to serve the Irish, he decides to go back and share Gods love with them. One of his most famous sermons was when he used the three leaf clover to demonstrate how God the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit were all separate, yet all connected. Patrick spent his life showing love to the people who had once enslaved him.

If that isn’t a life worth celebrating, I don’t know what is. And I don’t think St. Patrick ever would have pinched you if you didn’t wear green on March 17’th. I think he would have been happy if you would just take a lesson from his life and share the gospel even with the people that hate you, or were mean to you.

And thats what St. Patricks day means to me.


4 comments:

  1. Indeed! Even I didn't pay attention to what St. Patrick's Day was yesterday! Thanks for the reminder, Mikayla!

    -MK-

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome Mikayla! I totally agree! I love his way of explaining that. It makes a lot of sense. Well I just learned something today! I never knew that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm so glad you learned something! =D
      -Mikayla-

      Delete

Let’s talk! Comment about anything; my blog post, what music you’re listening to right now, how the weather is where you are, I want to hear it all! Check back for my replies.
If you are using the anonymous option, please leave your name so I know it is not a spam comment. Thank you!!
Let’s do this. What’s on your mind?