Monday, November 20, 2017

My NaNo WIP











Hey everyone! So this month has been pretty crazy. I've been working on a lot of writing. I've also been trying to get better at this lovely thing called time management. Yeah, I'm really trying not to let my day be taken over by any one thing, but I'm not super good at it. Most of today was taken up by a review book when I should have been writing. *Cough* 

Anyway, I thought I'd share some snidbits from my work in progress. It is tentatively called Autumns Dance.



I stared at my ballet shoes. I jerked foreword and ripped the laces off, not bothering to untie them. I threw both of them venomously across the room and they hit the wall.
“I’ll never dance again.” I ground out through my clenched jaw. 
And I never did.

*****


I leaned my head against the white trunk and gazed down at the colorful forest floor. It was covered in a rainbow of leaves ranging from yellow to red with green grass poking through the empty places. Sunlight filtered through the trees and danced on the leafs like waves on the ocean. 
I let my breath out slowly, sounding loud in the still forest.
What I wouldn’t do to be free to dance like those sunbeams. 

*****

I set my fingertips on the cool glass. The moonlight bathed my face and I grinned up at the crescent in the sky. The silhouetted trees waved in the breeze, breaking the light into a thousand glittering shards and scattering it over our yard. Everything was more magical at night. Our roses looked to be made of silver and ground of glass. I leaned my forehead against the cool window pane, wishing I could enter that magical night world. Maybe there things would be different. 


4 comments:

  1. I can picture each of these scenes in my mind - the imagery used and beauty of your writing is amazing! These samples make me want to read more. =)

    -Madeline Joy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Madeline!! Hopefully I can share more of it in the future! =D
      -Mikayla

      Delete

Let’s talk! Comment about anything; my blog post, what music you’re listening to right now, how the weather is where you are, I want to hear it all! Check back for my replies.
If you are using the anonymous option, please leave your name so I know it is not a spam comment. Thank you!!
Let’s do this. What’s on your mind?