Friday, January 4, 2019

Top 10 Books of 2018


Happy new year, everyone!! These are my top 10 books of the year. I'm not great at mini-reviews, but hopefully, this will still be good. =) 

10. 

30851451

The Elusive Miss Ellison by Carolyn Miller 

An extremely well-done Regency book. My favorite part is that it's aimed for Christians, so the theme is about problems we face being Christians, not about becoming one. Also, the romance was the sweetest!

9.
42417561

Live Without You by Sarah Grace Grzybowski 

This book was the most refreshing books I've read in a long time. The strong themes, great characters, and amazing romance were amazing. (This will be releasing later this month!)

8. 

28250850

Beautiful Blue World by Suzanne LaFleur

This book made me want to laugh, cry, and learn how to be a better friend. It was intense and super deep. I related to the main character so much, it's hard to properly put into words this book. 

7. 

21550590

Before Amen by Max Lucado 

While this book didn't tell me a lot I didn't know, it refreshed a lot and made it clearer. This made me see the reason behind prayers better then I had before.

6. 

32497002

A Name Unknown by Roseanna M. White 

This book was incredible. I have rarely ever read a book with such vivid character, or ones I loved so much. The themes were great, and I didn't want it to end! 

5

40411009

Kate's Conundrum by Sarah Holman 

These characters were the best and seriously, this book tackled some pretty big issues. This series is one of my favorites. <3 

4.

25796274

Bitter Winter by Jaye L. Knight

This series is so incredible, and this book was no exception. The characters in here and the powerful themes just blew me away. 

3. 

1975407

The Robe by Lloyd C. Douglas

This book was one of the most powerful ones I read this year. It digs to the core of why we believe, and just how far we are willing to go for our faith. I was challenged in my walk with God by this book. 

2. 

40019744

Kiera by Kate Willis

I don't even know what to say about this book. It seems impossible to sum up. It was powerful and heartwarming, and heartbreaking all at the same time. I wish I could have given it more stars. 

1. 

3127184

Christy by Catherine Marshall 

This was the most incredible book I have read all year. It was perspective changing and convicting. It made me laugh, and want to cry. I wouldn't recommend this to readers under fifteen. 

So there you have it, my top 10 of the 132 books that I read last year! Have you read any of these books? What were some of your favorite books from 2018?


6 comments:

  1. Live Without You! <3 Lovely list, Mikayla!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this list! I need to read more Max Lucado. I just read Unshakable Hope by him and loved it. I agree about #9, 8, and 5. All awesome books. :D I'm honored to see Kiera on there! So glad you loved it, friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Max Lucado. His style is so awesome. Oh, cool! 5 was just about the best *Happy sigh* It was amazing, Kate. Thank you for sharing your storys with me. <3

      Delete
  3. My top ten favourite books from 2018 were...
    1. “Emma” by Jane Austen.
    2. “Unbroken” by Rebekah A. Morris.
    3. “Home Fires of the Great War” by Rebekah A. Morris.
    4. “Uncle Tom's Cabin” by Harriet Beecher Stowe.
    5. “Rose in Bloom” OR “Eight Cousins” by Louisa May Alcott.
    6. “Clover” by Susan Coolidge.
    7. “Wilderness Ways” by William J. Long.
    8. “Jack & Jill” by Louisa May Alcott.
    9. “Around the World in Eighty Days.”
    10. “The Graham Quartet & the Mysterious Strangers,” Rebekah A. Morris.

    All so good!!! <3 ^_^

    ~Katja L.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh, that is a great list!! I love all the Rebekah Morris and Lousia May Alcott. *Heart eyes*

      Delete

Let’s talk! Comment about anything; my blog post, what music you’re listening to right now, how the weather is where you are, I want to hear it all! Check back for my replies.
If you are using the anonymous option, please leave your name so I know it is not a spam comment. Thank you!!
Let’s do this. What’s on your mind?