Friday, March 27, 2015

Food For Thought #9

A Time For Everything.



I’ve been reading Ecclesiastes (Man is that a mouth full) this week. Now, Ecclesiastes is not my favorite book of the bible but one part I really love, is chapter 3 verse 1-8.

There is a time for everything,
    and a season for every activity under the heavens:
    a time to be born and a time to die,
    a time to plant and a time to uproot,
     a time to kill and a time to heal,
    a time to tear down and a time to build,
    a time to weep and a time to laugh,
    a time to mourn and a time to dance,
     a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
    a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing,
    a time to search and a time to give up,
    a time to keep and a time to throw away,
   a time to tear and a time to mend,
    a time to be silent and a time to speak,
    a time to love and a time to hate,
    a time for war and a time for peace.

Sometimes I find this section sad because to me it symbolizes giving things up. There is a time for friendships to. A time for light school. A time for being part of organizations. A time for waiting.
Ask anyone in my family, they will all tell you I’m about number one on the list of people who hates giving up on something I really loved. But when I get sad about what I’m giving up, I always thing of the other half.
There’s a time for new friendships. A time for adventure. A time of graduation. A time for EVERYTHING.

-Mikayla-

8 comments:

  1. Wow, this is such a great reminder! I need to remember this way more often. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are cool scriptures! :)

    So, funny thing is, I look at your sidebar and realize I'm not a member of your blog yet, and it's like 'What!????' Haha! ;) Long story short, I am now. ;)

    -Micaiah-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, its a great passage. =)

      Haha, well, I'm glad you are now. Though I knew you read my post, even if you weren't a 'member'. =D

      -Mikayla-

      Delete
  3. Hey, Mikayla! It IS hard letting go sometimes. I'm glad we have a God we can always trust! I recently read another post on a similar topic: http://www.wholemagazine.org/2015/03/finding-beauty-in-every-season.html. Blessings!

    http://teensliveforjesus.blogspot.ru

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'll have to cheack that post out, thanks so much! =D
      -Mikayla-

      Delete
  4. Beautiful, true thoughts, Mikayla!! <3

    ReplyDelete

Let’s talk! Comment about anything; my blog post, what music you’re listening to right now, how the weather is where you are, I want to hear it all! Check back for my replies.
If you are using the anonymous option, please leave your name so I know it is not a spam comment. Thank you!!
Let’s do this. What’s on your mind?