Friday, March 6, 2015

Food of Thought #6

You are who you are, that beautiful.


I'm pretty sure most of you have seen one of those movies with the "You need to just be you" message. 

Now I happen to be one of those people who never really minded who I was. Yep, I was that kid in class who might have been tease for her clothing options but didn't mind because while they were verbally attacking my cloths, I was mentally thinking how weird theres was. So I probably have to much self confidence but it brings up an interesting question,

I am trying to be like Christ or am I to obsessed with trying to me?

In general I would just tell you to listen only to God, and those people (like your parents) who you know have your best interest in mind.
Don't believe the kid who tells you that your weird because he probably just out of the nut house himself. ;)

I could go on for hours, but I decided to cut this a little short and share a poem. 
I feel like my writing is really choppy right now. Sorry everyone. =P 

Heres a poem I wrote last night. 


You are who you are,
That’s beautiful.
You don’t mind your scar
That’s beautiful.
You aren’t afraid to be you,
That’s beautiful.

You have so many good qualities,
I couldn’t list them all.
How you always laugh at parties.
How you don’t mind if you fall.
How you always speak your mind
How you try so hard to be good
And you attempt to be kind
And would give your life for someone if you could.

You are who you are, 
That’s beautiful. 

You never pretend to be someone you are not,
Because you love the person God made you to be
And anyone who wants to change you will be fought
But your personality we all see.

You are who you are, 
That’s beautiful.

You have your issues and you know it.
But we all love you for your willingness to be who you are,
And how you refuse to change to fit.
You truly are a star.

You are who you are, 
That’s beautiful.

-Mikayla-

10 comments:

  1. That's beautiful! I don't think that is "choppy." :) Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This poem is gorgeous! You're so right, Mikayla! True beauty comes from who you are, not someone others want you to be. I have quite a few weird friends that have taught me that normal is seriously overrated. Your poem reminds me of the song, "Unusual" by Francesca Battistelli.
    In Christ,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you Sarah! =D Cool! I haven't heard that song but now I want to go and look it up. ;D
      -Mikayla-

      Delete
  3. I tried to comment earlier but couldn't on my phone... XD I'm now on my computer. ;)

    Nice poem, Mikayla! Truth. :)

    -Micaiah-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats okay, I can't comment on stuff on my Ipod. XD

      Thanks Micaiah! =D
      -M-

      Delete
  4. This is so encouraging and inspiring. You are so beautiful and you are such an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely poem! When I was younger, I got bullied a lot, and going to public school, it was hard and I couldn't really do anything to have stopped it. But the Lord saw me through and led me to people who would eventually be my closest friends. ^.^ This poem reminded me of that. Thank you.

    xoxo Morning
    http://theworldthroughmywindowsill.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked the poem, thanks for commenting! =D
      -Mikayla-

      Delete

Let’s talk! Comment about anything; my blog post, what music you’re listening to right now, how the weather is where you are, I want to hear it all! Check back for my replies.
If you are using the anonymous option, please leave your name so I know it is not a spam comment. Thank you!!
Let’s do this. What’s on your mind?