Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Writing Wednesday #18

     NaNoWriMo day four


 Please forgive me if you are being pledged with posts all over the internet about NaNoWriMo. We NaNoer's tend to get a little excited. A little scared and craved for interaction apart from our book characters. If you are one of those people tired of reading NaNo posts, please feel free to shut this down without further ado. I will not blame you. Then again, I won't know you did it, so there's no way I could really know to have hard feelings anyway is there?

Now, all y'all who are interested. This is about how I felt going into November

October week one: "Wow I am so ready for NaNo! I'm ready to write my book, have a challenge, and all around have fun!"
October week  two: "I have to write so many posts in advance so I don't have to do it during NaNo!" *Freaks out a bit at the thought*
October week two-four: *Proceeds to forget all about the posts and somewhat about NaNo.*
October 31: I'm so happy Halloween is over for another year... October is not one of my favorite months... now its going to be November. *Continues typing for a minute* Wait? wait did I just say? Its November tomorrow??? When did that happy??" *completely freaks out*
November first: "I've got this, I'll just wing it. Who cares that I don't have an outline or any idea what I'm writing about?"
November fourth: "I think I just made a huge mistake."

 Yeah, that was a really lengthily way of saying that NaNo is actually going alright. My retelling of Beauty and the Beast is coming along nicely, though every time I sit down at the computer I think I'm going to not be able to write because of writers block.

Well, thanks what I get for trying to write 50,000 words in 30 days.

2 comments:

  1. Okay. Now I know your word goal isn't 25,000. :) How on earth can you write that much?!? But your story sounds interesting! I like retellings. :)

    Megan | A Barefoot Gal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, this is my third year in a row doing NaNoWriMo, so its getting a little easyer. Pretty much what I do is sit down and write for a couple days until I have my word count goal for the day. XD Thank you so much! This is only my second retelling so I'm not really sure how well I'm doing. =P
      -Mikayla-

      Delete

Let’s talk! Comment about anything; my blog post, what music you’re listening to right now, how the weather is where you are, I want to hear it all! Check back for my replies.
If you are using the anonymous option, please leave your name so I know it is not a spam comment. Thank you!!
Let’s do this. What’s on your mind?