Monday, February 22, 2016

My Life (in as many posts as it takes) #85

Finally getting the hang of it


Well, after working at it for a good bit of time, I am finally getting into the hang of my dreaded exercise. I still am not enjoying it, but I'm also not killing myself with it either. Now I run in the morning, immediately followed by three minutes of the exercise (I'm going to slowly increase that) and in the evenings at least three times a week I'm going for a long bike ride. 
You know what, you learn some odd things while bike riding. I thought I would share a couple things that stood out to me this week while on my rides. 


1. When its just you and God on a lonely road, its a lot easy to talk to him. 
While biking though these rarely used back country roads, I realized just how much easier it is for me to open up to God when the two of us are truly alone. I mean, when I'm out there, I'll just start telling God how my week was, and bring things to him in earnest request. 
Isn't God awesome that he actually wants to hear rambling from us? I love that about him.


2. You can discover your true level of strength. 
When I'm all alone biking like that, I find it much easier to discover my real strength. All of my distractions are gone. There is no one telling me to slow down. There are no influencing what I do but God and it is then that I can truly find out what I am capable of.

The dew froze in balls at the tip of these peices of grass. =D

3. You can slow down and smell the roses.
So often when were going places, we don't relize how much were missing. When I began biking, I was so happy at the amount of things I was able to just stop and enjoy. I can just pull over anytime and look at stuff. I was able to just enjoy some of Gods beauty that I had previously always gone by really fast. 


This is a bracelet I just got.

So there, a totally random list for you! 
Thanks for reading!

8 comments:

  1. That is such an amazing message, Mikayla! Exercise isn't that bad after you do it for a while. :)

    Have a great week!

    Allie D.
    www.alliesblogdesigns.blogspot.com
    www.friendlovesatalltimes.blogspot.com
    www.sincerelyallied.blogspot.com
    www.spreadingmyjoy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Allie! Haha, yeah, I guess not. ;D What type do you do?

      I hope you have a lovely week as well!
      -Mikayla-

      Delete
  2. Beautiful reflections <3 I think they are all very true.

    Ellie | On the Other Side of Reality

    ReplyDelete
  3. These pictures are gorgeous! I've been doing exercising to. Dreadful but it helps. Don't you just feel like you're carrying some big guys legs after workout or is it just me? Lol
    Ellie R.
    www.uniquelyyou1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      Haha, yeah, my legs can feel pretty heavy after I work out. XP What type of exercise do you do?
      Thanks for commenting!
      -Mikayla-

      Delete
  4. It was a nice list (not random at all!), Mikayla. ;) YES. It's SOOO nice God actually doesn't mind the rambling... He's always ready to listen (even when everyone else is asleep and you're not. ;))

    -Micaiah-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good, I was afraid it sounded really random. I wrote it late at night. ;)
      Yeah *Happy sigh* I love that about him. =)

      -Mikayla-

      Delete

Let’s talk! Comment about anything; my blog post, what music you’re listening to right now, how the weather is where you are, I want to hear it all! Check back for my replies.
If you are using the anonymous option, please leave your name so I know it is not a spam comment. Thank you!!
Let’s do this. What’s on your mind?