Friday, January 26, 2018

Every Day, All Day


Hello everyone! Its been a rather long two weeks of silence. But it was good.

I don't know if you knew this; but I'm an extremist. I ether love or hate for the most part. I get easily pulled into debates because I feel that people are standing to much in the middle ground. But this blog has been my middle ground. I choose to blog about what I felt comfortable with. I haven't felt scared when I hit that publish button for months. I have blogged about what I knew would get a nice response and what I wouldn't have to dig to much into my messy side.

But the truth is I'm a messy, messy human being. Sometimes I feel like all I do is fall flat on my face. And what I did this time was make a blog all about me. I have built this blog so focused around me and the attention it got. I have long since lost focus of why I was doing it.

The truth is that I care a lot about y'all. Even though my blogging hasn't reflected it as much as I want it to, the thing that keeps me coming back is y'all. I want to make a difference.

During my break I looked at some of my favorite blogs and started thinking about why they were my favorites.

All of them had things in conman:

1. The bloggers are very strong Christians
2. They posted about their life in an encouraging way
3. They were honest about their mistakes

I want to be like that. I don't feel like I've failed completely, but I know I haven't been giving my all to this blog. 

So what am I going to do about it? Honestly, I'm not entirely sure. I've spent two weeks praying abut this and brainstorming. I do have some ideas but what they all boil down to is that I need to live every day, all day, all in for God. Not just in my blogging, but in my everyday life.

I don't know where I'm going but I know what I'm reaching for.

So I'm back. Hopefully better then before. 
Thanks for sticking with me.



(Also this was my 500'th post!)

2 comments:

  1. I can totally relate to this, Mikayla! Just so you know, I've always thought your blog was one of the most cheerful ones I know of, and your poems are beautiful. Congrats on 500 (!) posts, and I look forward to seeing where God leads you with your blog in the future. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Emily! Aww, that is so sweet! *Hugs*
      -M-

      Delete

Let’s talk! Comment about anything; my blog post, what music you’re listening to right now, how the weather is where you are, I want to hear it all! Check back for my replies.
If you are using the anonymous option, please leave your name so I know it is not a spam comment. Thank you!!
Let’s do this. What’s on your mind?