Tuesday, February 6, 2018

January Highlights


I can't believe January is already over! Here are my highlights from the month!


I printed off my book Flight from Kelar using Lulu.com so I could read through it easier! It was awesome getting to hold my book like that for the first time. The cover turned out so much better then I expected.

I won a copy of Blossoms Gold by Hayden Wand and it was beautiful!

My sister and I roasted marshmallows in our little fireplace! It turned out surprisingly well. Before that I had only ever made them over a bonfire, so this was a new experience.


This is Luke with my gear from our walk.

I took a long walk with my dog Luke for company. We went for several miles and I just enjoyed getting to think. 

On a little back road behind our property I found an abandoned tractor. Obviously this meant I needed to take pictures with it, so I did.

I got a job! Okay, so its only one day a week for two hours, but its awesome. I'm helping babysit during a woman's bible study. It's been great!


This is the Super Blue Blood moon!

My family and I got up at six to watch the super blue blood moon. We had blankets and hot chocolate and a great view from our deck. Unfortunately just as it was covered clouds moved in. But we did get it see it up until then, so it was totally worth it!! 

Its that time of year again when things are frozen yet somehow Ceder lives on. I was down with a fever and burning eyes several times this month. Thankfully it hasn't been as bad lately!



One day I was hit with inspiration and I wrote a 1,800 word flash fiction called "Alice." Unfortunately, that was the only writing I got done all month long. =/

I took a lovely two week blogging break. It gave me some great time to just step away and reevaluate some things. I'm working on some new plans for the blog now!

I worked my first 1,000 piece puzzle with my sister Rebekkah. It was a Nancy Drew puzzle my mom got me, which was super cool!


Maybe Summer of 1999

The Purest Lauren Elizabeth 

Fly Bird Fly Letters to Jayna 


When Books Become Movies Writing is Life



Thoughts: Change and Two Years A Purpose and a Promise 


My January was not all I expected, but it was good! How about you?

2 comments:

  1. Holding your book in your hands is a feeling that can't quite be described! :)

    ReplyDelete

Let’s talk! Comment about anything; my blog post, what music you’re listening to right now, how the weather is where you are, I want to hear it all! Check back for my replies.
If you are using the anonymous option, please leave your name so I know it is not a spam comment. Thank you!!
Let’s do this. What’s on your mind?