Monday, February 19, 2018

When Dreams Are Just Beyond Your Fingertips



I've been thinking a lot about dreams recently (Which explains last weeks post.) and I suddenly realized something. Sitting here, at eighteen years old, I am almost touching some dreams I had when I was younger.

Go to college. Learn to drive. Have a consistent job. Grow my blog. 

So maybe none of my dreams are huge, but they felt huge to me. They still do, in a way. 

I will be taking online college classes this year. Though I'm not going for a degree, I am looking forward to going back into school (Yes, I've missed it). 

This month I will be taking my first driving lessons. I might be a bit late jumping onto the bandwagon with this one, but that's because my siblings needed to learn first. I'm excited to finally get behind the driver seat. 

I'm am now working regularly as a babysitter. While babysitting is not my favorite thing to do, it has been great. Not only am I learning new skills, but I'm also earning money to pay for my college!

For two months now I have been working on a plan for my blog. I've realized some of the faults I have when it comes to blogging, and I'm working on ways to get better. I can't wait to see where the blog will go from here.

I've been dreaming about these things for years, and now they are close enough to feel. I am excited to see them unfold and see what God has in store. 

What are some dreams you are near to touching? 

6 comments:

  1. Good luck with your college courses.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mikayla wishing you all the best with your drivers license. Have a successful college experience.
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love babysitting too! How many families do you babysit for? How much money do you make? I have about 2 families I babysit for and I make about 3 dollars a hour.
    Lily @ lilymaesday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Currently I only help babysit for a Bible study and one family irregularly, but I'm looking into doing more! You know, it vary's depending on the job, but I'm really not comfortable sharing exact amounts here on the blog.
      What's your favorite thing about babysitting? I love the story's kids tell.
      Thank you so much for stopping by!
      -Mikayla-

      Delete

Let’s talk! Comment about anything; my blog post, what music you’re listening to right now, how the weather is where you are, I want to hear it all! Check back for my replies.
If you are using the anonymous option, please leave your name so I know it is not a spam comment. Thank you!!
Let’s do this. What’s on your mind?