Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Before 19


I turn 19 in eight days. This time of year always makes me contemplative because I'm changing ages, this is when I started my blog, and we're halfway through the year. 

It's when I reevaluate my year's goals, and when I make goals for my new age. I'm doing a couple things this week in preparation for my birthday.

First off, I'm binge reading Nancy Drew's right now while I'm still the same age as her. This has been one of those things I've wanted to do since I started reading the series. Now I'm trying to fit in as many as I can before the fifth. I love Nancy Drew, and she's still one of my book role models. Nancy Drew is the one who instilled a love of driving in me. I'm practicing as much as I can, and even though I won't be licensed until I'm 19, I feel like her when I drive. 

One of the things I do every year is to write a letter to myself to open on my next birthday. It's fun to see how far I've come in a year and sobering to see things I want to change. Quite honestly, I always forget what I write, so I'm looking forward to seeing it and writing a new one on my birthday. 

And soon I'm going to sit with my goal list for the year and figure out what I can really do. 

Right now I'm trying to make every moment of being eighteen matter. I'm trying to make even more great memorys before ninteen. 

So what's up with y'all? Can you believe we're halfway through the year?

14 comments:

  1. Happy early birthday!!! That's cool that you write a letter for yourself every year! What is one thing you are super excited about when your 19? What is one of your goals?
    -Brooklyne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Brooklyne! Also, did I tell you one of my favorite side book characters I'm writing is named Brooklyne? =)
      Oh, probably the biggest thing I'm excited about is getting my drivers license!
      Well, one of my goals is to finish editing my novel, Flight From Kelar, and have some people read it and give me their opinion on it. Right now I'm working on a paper edit of it, but I should be finished by the end of July. =)

      Delete
  2. Happy (early) birthday! 🎉

    I hope your memories of 18 are fantastic.❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Gray!!

      Well, so far they have been fantastic! I am so glad that 'meeting' you was one of the memory's of this year! <3

      Delete
  3. Happy Early Birthday! Your such a fun person with your love of Nancy Drew!! Ahh I love your Birthday Letter Tradition!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Victoria! Aww thanks! It is very fun to be able to look back to the previous year, then shift focus to the coming year. =)

      Delete
  4. Mikayla that is so nice that you write a letter on your birthday to open up on the next birthday. Happy reading.
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a pretty fun thing to open every year. Thank you so much for stopping by!! <3

      Delete
  5. I can't believe July is almost here! Yikes! *wonders if hiding the calendars would slow things down*

    Happy early birthday, Mikayla! I hope these last few days of being 18 are wonderful and that the next year is even better than you dream it will be! That's a neat idea of writing letters to yourself.

    And I do read your posts, I just don't always have time to comment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It's crazy how fast these months went! *Wonders with you* Its worth a shot. ;)

      Thank you, Rebekah!! I really appreciate it! It has been fun to see the letters over the years! =D

      That really means a lot to me! I understand not always having time to comment! Thanks for making the time today! <3

      Delete
  6. Enjoy reading the "Nancy Drew series. They never get old or tired. These type of books stand the time. I always enjoy your posts and look forward to them when you are 19. I am doing a lot of reading and trying to learn Latin, and recalling my Italian. I say indoors with the air-conditioner. I hate the hot weather. God Bless.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will! I have been reading it for all of my teen years, and I haven't gotten tired of them yet! They do.
      Aww, thank you! You always brighten my day with your comments!
      Ohh, cool!! I do not know any other languges, but Italian sounds awesome! Did you have a reason behind choosing to learn it? =) Haha, I can understand that! I don't mind the heat (Its my Texan blood), but I totally understand wanting to stay indoors. Some days I just sit right next to a fan and read to avoid the heat. =)
      God Bless, Marilyn!

      Delete
  7. Happy early birthday!!! I really like the letter idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! It is really fun, I would highly recommend it!

      Delete

Let’s talk! Comment about anything; my blog post, what music you’re listening to right now, how the weather is where you are, I want to hear it all! Check back for my replies.
If you are using the anonymous option, please leave your name so I know it is not a spam comment. Thank you!!
Let’s do this. What’s on your mind?