Friday, June 1, 2018

May Highlights


I don't know about y'all, but my May just flew by! It was an awesome, eventful month that makes me smile every time I think about it.



I finally made myself a budget. I've been working on finding on that works for me for awhile, and this month I finally sat down and made one. I actually stuck to it, which was hard, but really satisfying!

I got to read outside while watching firefly's and listening to a whippoorwill. It was awesome.

I was mentioned in the dedication of a book for the first time ever.  Still in shock over here. That was probably the coolest thing to discover when I opened the book!



My sister and I had a silly string war. It was short but fun. =)

My survey on here was a success. Thank you to everyone who took it!

Jessica Grayson was at our house (She's my favorite author and an all around awesome person), and she just randomly asked me if I wanted to take selfies. So that's what we did for a long time, trying filters and laughed until my sides hurt. She's awesome. <3

I finished editing my story Andrea's Star that I wrote in November. I really love how this turned out. I've just got one small plot hole that I remembered that I need to smooth out, and then its done!

I got a yellow jacket sting that swelled and itched for three days. It wasn't fun, but it did look impressive. ;)





I chased the sunset with my dog.

I got computer glasses to cut down on the blue light from the screen. It's cut down on the eye ache caused by late night work and it doesn't look to bad in the process. ;)

I signed up for Beathny House's review program and I got my first book from them!

I got two new kittens Gray and Rani. They are adorable.

My jury duty was canceled.

My brother was giving me a driving lesson and we stopped at the top of a hill to watch the full moon as it rose pink.

S'mores. 'nuff said. 




Best book of the month is a tie between Kate's Dilemma by Sarah Holman and Kiera by Kate Willis. They were both incredible. I cannot wait until Kiera comes out and y'all can read it to! 
And my least favorite was Flipped. While the book had a great point, it had a lot of bad content.
Faithfullness Brin Lael 

Writers are like Plants The Left-Handed Typist 


Redefine and be Redefined A Purpose and a Promise 

Passion Planner Review Autumn's Reading's and Writings 

Don't Leave Change to Chance & Holes in the Literature World  Adventure Awaits

What is one fun thing you did this month?

8 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you had a good May (apart from the yellow jacket sting, those things are nasty).

    That's so cool that you were mentioned in a book!!! :D

    And thank you for mentioning my post, I am honored. <3

    Here's to a wonderful June!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks! Yeah, yellow jacket stings are no fun, but at least they don't last to long!

      Isn't it? I still grin every time I think about it. =D

      It was my pleasure. Your posts are always good, Gray!

      Yes! *High five* Happy June!

      Delete
  2. Great wrap up post! Aren't fireflies so pretty this time of year?!?
    -Brooklyne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are!! I love watching them. =) *Happy sigh*

      Delete
  3. I enjoyed reading all the little moments(and some not so little!) of your May! I noticed you read This Quiet Sky - what were your thoughts on it? It's been on my to-read list for ages, and I haven't been able to get it yet... Anyway, I hope you have a wonderful June! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks!
      I was really sad about that book because another book by the author and it was really good. This one... was way to much for me. The kids are pretty young but there are a lot of passionate kisses and the romance is all based on physical looks. Overall, if you want to try this author, I would try To Get To You it's much better!

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the heads up! That's the kind of stuff that puts me off romance books, so maybe I'll have to give it a miss, and check out the other one instead! :)

      Delete
    3. Yeah, I really don't like stuff like that in books. =P Sounds good!

      Delete

Let’s talk! Comment about anything; my blog post, what music you’re listening to right now, how the weather is where you are, I want to hear it all! Check back for my replies.
If you are using the anonymous option, please leave your name so I know it is not a spam comment. Thank you!!
Let’s do this. What’s on your mind?