Tuesday, June 5, 2018

I Forgot What to Say


Somewhere along the way 
I forgot what to say 
I stand there 
Open mouthed 
And empty 
How do you respond 
To something that wounds you? 
What do you say?
I cannot walk away 
I cannot leave
But somehow I can't stay 
So I stand 
Tense 
And empty 
Knowing that in a moment
I'll have to start forgiving you 
Else we wouldn't be friends 
I push away the hurt 
So I stand 
Eyes closed
Praying for patience 
How many times have you done this 
for me? 
I can't even imagine 
I cannot walk away 
I cannot leave
So I stand 
Heart open 
And hurting 
But we're freinds 
and I won't walk away 
So here's my heart 
It's going to hurt sometimes 
We're going to need patience 
but please 
please 
don't leave me 
There's a lot of joy here to 
And I can't wait to share it with you 

3 comments:

  1. This is so lovely and amazing, thank you for sharing! Wonderful job. <33

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this one. It's too common to hear the self-centered way out, but you don't even consider it an option.

    ReplyDelete

Let’s talk! Comment about anything; my blog post, what music you’re listening to right now, how the weather is where you are, I want to hear it all! Check back for my replies.
If you are using the anonymous option, please leave your name so I know it is not a spam comment. Thank you!!
Let’s do this. What’s on your mind?