Friday, August 3, 2018

Three Words



It’s weighing on my chest
Pressing me down
Choking me
As I know it will have to
Because it has to come up
I have to say the words
I’ve said them so many times
But I’m not ready to do it again
I’m not ready
My heart beats faster
Yet it seems to stop as well
My lips part as I try to say the words
But my head screams at me to stop
We shouldn’t have to say these words
So many times
But we are saying them again
The words are spoken
Whispered in a husky voice
Something dies inside of me
My heart stops completely
I feel empty
Just because of three words
“Goodbye, dear friend.”


I wrote this awhile back but decided to post it for a friend who is having to say a hard goodbye right now. 

6 comments:

  1. This is so sad, I hate goodbyes. :'(

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know what, I think you're so right. We shouldn't have to say good bye. Thanks for your words, as always. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, goodbyes are a very hard part of life.

      Thank you for yours. <3

      Delete

Let’s talk! Comment about anything; my blog post, what music you’re listening to right now, how the weather is where you are, I want to hear it all! Check back for my replies.
If you are using the anonymous option, please leave your name so I know it is not a spam comment. Thank you!!
Let’s do this. What’s on your mind?