Friday, September 21, 2018

Discovering Purpose


I sit on the floor 
Starring at the stove 
My phone in my lap 
Text thread open 
Asking what I’ve been doing
As I sit 
Starring 
I try to tally up 
What my life has amounted to 
What I’ve done worth counting 
What I’ve said worth repeating 
Goals of a child still live in me 
But that doesn’t amount to a purpose 
As I review it all 
One question keeps coming up 
What did God put me here for? 
What was I born to do? 
I have some things I’d like do to 
But does that amount to a purpose? 
Questions swirl 
Blurring out everything else 
I don’t see the room around me 
All I see is the years of being dormant 
Not moving towards anything 
Maybe I can’t find my goal 
Because it’s been right in front of me 
Maybe my purpose is discovered 
One step at a time 
Doing the tasks in front of me 
And piece by piece discovering 
What I was meant to do
I sit on the kitchen floor 
With determination building 
I’ve got an adventure 
Right in front of me

6 comments:

  1. I know this feeling. It's so true though - God has a purpose for each of us, and often it is by doing the things right in front of us! It's crazy how this huge idea we call purpose can be overlooked because it comes in small ways every day. Thanks for sharing - it's nice to be reading your posts again. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is crazy how it works sometimes! I really find it amazing how our purpose is wrapped up in so many little things. Thank you, I'm really enjoying being back!

      Delete
  2. Great post! I've certainly felt like this before. Thanks for sharing!
    -Brooklyne

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE THIS! You're so talented <3
    https://octoberslallu.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this Mikayla! Keep writing!

    ReplyDelete

Let’s talk! Comment about anything; my blog post, what music you’re listening to right now, how the weather is where you are, I want to hear it all! Check back for my replies.
If you are using the anonymous option, please leave your name so I know it is not a spam comment. Thank you!!
Let’s do this. What’s on your mind?