Wednesday, September 5, 2018

August Highlights


Well, here were are in September. August wasn't my best month, but I did really enjoy having some time to re-focus on why I blog. I'll share more about that later. 


Every Wednesday I go for a bike ride down to a church four miles from our house, and I always lock up my bike. Well, I came out and tried to undo it, only to find it stuck. The pastor came out and tried his best to unlock, but finally, my dad had to come and cut through the lock for me. Luckily it was a cheap one, and pretty easy to cut.

We surprised my mom by taking her out to lunch one day and then taking her to a museum nearby. This was a huge highlight of my month because they have a big section on space and I had a blast looking at it all. 


I was having a bad day, so my sister Grace stayed up late playing a game of Pandemic (a cooperative board game) with me. 

I had a lot of movie party's with my siblings in August. With everything from Bionic Woman, to High School Musical, to Star Trek, it was an eclectic month. But it was awesome.

For the first time in my life, I got to go to my first water park. All my sisters, my mom and I all went for the day and had an absolutely amazing time. It was a small park but packed full. I went down the tube slides a TON and thankfully only got a mild sunburn on my face.

I got to go on glass bottom boats! This was a really fun experience of actually getting to see under the water and all the life down there. A turtle even followed underneath us for a while. 


I got sick so I spent a whole day listening to "A Name Unknown" by Roseanna M. White and playing computer games. Thus I listened to eight hours of it in one day and about five the next. O.o

My cat nuzzled me awake one morning. Best. wakeup. call. ever.

I got caught up on book reviews this month by writing seven in one day. Those reviews pile up so fast. 


My favorite was A Name Unknown. 
Oops Bess's Bit of Treasure
Guess What I Got Writing is Life
A Trip to the Country Fair A Farm Girls Life
A Bad Dream Woke Me Up A Storynerds Life
Summer '18 Life Update Sunshine and Scribbles
Mid Year Book Freak Out Tag Stories By Firefly

How was your month? What was your top book of August?

8 comments:

  1. Looks like you've had lots of fun! <3 Aw cats waking you up sounds cute.
    Simply Me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mikayla It is nice hearing from you once again. Love this informative post. Never read "The Chronicles Of Narnia' so that was my August read. It has been so hot here in New York that just staying in the air condition was my most thing to do. Your hair looks so nice. You look very pretty with the style.
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm glad to be back! That's awesome! Yeah, Texas has been pretty hot to. I'm glad you were able to stay cool!
      Aww, thank you so much!

      Delete
  3. Thank You Mikayla for the update. Sorry that you were sick. You had an adventurous August. I stay out of the sun,I do not need any more freckles. I just finished "The Chronicles of Narnia". I also finished "The House of Hardwoods". It is a semi-mystery. I have now started my first Christmas book of the season. Starting to decorate for Fall, my favorite time of the year. Do you like Fall?
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was my pleasure! Thanks! Lol, I feel ya. I couldn't help but be out in the sun a lot this year, but I certainly got my fair share of freckles for it. ;)
      Oh, thanks awesome! It's been forever since I read the Narnia books and I keep meaning to go back and re-read them.
      I love fall. While Spring is my favorite season, Fall is my second favorite. I actually just bought a fall candle to help get in the mood when it comes around. =)
      Thanks for stopping by!
      -Mikayla-

      Delete
  4. A glass bottom boat sound really cool! How did you like reading A Nane Unknown?? Hope you are having a great September!
    -Brooklyne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were! I loved it! It was my second Roseanna M. White book, and it the best so far. I loved Peter and all his writing quirks! =D
      Thanks, I hope your September is great as well!!
      -Mikayla-

      Delete

Let’s talk! Comment about anything; my blog post, what music you’re listening to right now, how the weather is where you are, I want to hear it all! Check back for my replies.
If you are using the anonymous option, please leave your name so I know it is not a spam comment. Thank you!!
Let’s do this. What’s on your mind?