Friday, March 17, 2017

Comfort Zone Love



Loving can mean giving the thing you want to give the least. Or not giving the thing you want to give the most. Long story short, love is pretty much the definition of stepping out of your comfort zone.
As a wise pinterest quote said “Comfort zones are beautiful things, but nothing ever grows there.” 
In order to love, we have to step out of our comfort zones every single day. Probably quite a few times a day. Because God didn’t call us to be comfortable. He wants us to grow. That can mean anything from sending a text, to telling someone something hard, to anything really. Only you can know what you are called to do. But I can guarantee it doesn’t always stay inside your comfort zone. 

I’m pretty sure that after St. Patrick was kidnapped, enslaved, then finally getting free from the Irish, going back to witness to them was not on his ‘inside my comfort zone list.’ That had to be one of the hardest things God called him to, yet you can see all the good it did. St. Patrick made an impact. 

Elizabeth Elliot’s husband was killed by an tribe, and God called her to go and witness to that very tribe. Probably not what she wanted to do.

Love isn’t always that hard, most of the time I think it’s much easier. But it is our decision weather to love like God called us to. Its not easy, it’s not in our comfort zone, but its worth it.

What’s a way you’ve had to step out of your comfort zone lately? 
Happy St. Patrick's day!

7 comments:

  1. I needed this <3 this is so good

    Ellie
    www.uniquelyyou1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, I am so glad! Thank you so much for taking the time to comment and tell me that, it means a lot to me.

      Delete
  2. This is so encouraging, and very true!! Thank you for posting this!! I evangelized to a friend thats challenging for me because I'm a pretty shy person!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That is so awesome! I will be praying that God's light shines so bright in you that they can't help but see Him in you.
      -Mikayla-

      Delete
    2. Thank you very much I can always use prayer!!!

      Delete
  3. This is so incredible. Really challenging. Not what I wanted to hear, but what I needed to hear. Thank you amazing Mikayla <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad this helped! I'm not so sure about that, but thank you anyway. <3

      Delete

Let’s talk! Comment about anything; my blog post, what music you’re listening to right now, how the weather is where you are, I want to hear it all! Check back for my replies.
If you are using the anonymous option, please leave your name so I know it is not a spam comment. Thank you!!
Let’s do this. What’s on your mind?