Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Five Books That Have Impacted Me This Year



Today I wanted to share five books that have impacted me this year. Yeah, I know we're only three months into the year, but I've already read some pretty incredible books! 



#1 
Before Amen by Max Lucado


This amazing book has completely changed the way I pray. It didn't lay out a lot of rules, instead it gave convicting reasons as to why you should pray. Lucado did an amazing job of explaining why we pray.

Find it on Amazon || Goodreads

#2
Love Comes Softly by Janette Oke



I don't know why it took me so long to read this book. The whole thing was simply be
autiful. The whole book reminded me of how precious faith in God is, and how gentle that love is. <3

(I would recommend this to readers 15+ due to mature themes)

Find it on Amazon || Goodreads

#3 
Beautiful Blue World by Suzanne LaFeur


I almost feel wrong including this book, because I just read it today. Yep. But it was awesome. The strong family theme, and recognizing your worth was amazing. This book surprised me in so many ways.

(Note, this book is not Christian, but is extremely clean)

Find it on Amazon || Goodreads


#4 
The Elusive Miss Ellison by Carolyn Miller



I love Jane Austen, so reading this was a treat. I went in expecting a nice light read, and ended up with the beautiful book with deep themes. The message hit home and I found myself loving this book much more then I expected to.  

Find it on Amazon || Goodreads

#5 
Your Kingdom Calling by Rachel Starr Thomson


This book was short, but packed full of biblical truth. Rarely have I enjoyed a non-fiction this much. seriously, the whole thing was just amazing. It was very encouraging, and I've got to be honest, I loved how short it was. 

(Just a note, this book is free on Kindle)

Find it on Amazon || Goodreads 


So what are some good books you've read this year? 
Got any recommendations for me? I'm always looking for clean Christian reads!

14 comments:

  1. I really like Love Comes Softly and the sequel Loves Enduring Promise was so good. Mine is so old and tattered!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it to! I'm really looking forward to reading the other book. Aww, those books are the best sometimes! I've worn out copy's of my favorites. =)

      Delete
  2. I've been wanting to read Love Comes Softly for awhile, but will have to move it up my TBR since it comes well recommended. =) Great post!

    Micaiah @ Notebooks and Novels

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really good, I highly recommend it! Thank you so much!
      -M-

      Delete
  3. Love Comes Softly! I've never read more then book one but I loved the movies! Have you ever read The Canadian West Saga?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The book is even better then the movie! =) No, I haven't, but I really want to! Are they good?

      Delete
  4. All of these look so good! :D

    And I see Nancy Drew in your post header, I loved that series when I was younger!! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      Aww, yeah, I still love ND. <3 Which one was your favorite?

      Delete
    2. I remember loving The Clue in the Diary.
      I want to re-read them, but I'm scared I'll like them less, so I think I'll just keep my memories of adoring these books. ^_^

      Delete
    3. That one's awesome! My favorite is Mystery at the Lilac Inn! I know the feeling. The first 23 were amazing, even as an 'adult.' ;) After that, I didn't like the series as much; it was sad!

      Delete
  5. Of your list I've only read "Loves Comes Softly" and I just read it for the first time last year. :)

    As for books I've read this year, well, since I've already read 42 books, it's kind of hard. *goes to look at Goodreads list* Okay, this year my top picks would be (at least so far):

    Wings of a Dream (Thank you for recommending it to Kate, who mentioned it to me. :))
    The Tangled Skein (also titled "The Vikings Daughter")
    There was Always Laughter in Our House
    What She Said and What She Meant

    I know you've already read two of those. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That book was pretty awesome. =)

      It was hard to narrow down all the books I had read this year to five as well!

      Ohh, I love Wings of a Dream! I'm glad you read it! =D And I love Laughter for very obvious reasons... ;D

      Looks like a good book year so far!
      -Mikayla-

      Delete
  6. I love your list here!!! So many beautiful books. :D

    Mine (and it's hard to narrow it down) would be:
    1. Grace and the Preacher
    2. Beautiful Blue World
    3. Wings of a Dream
    4. Slug Days
    5. The Little Prince

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      I know! It was really hard to choose these!
      Ohh, I want to read Grace and the Preacher. Its on my list to get soon. =)
      2&3 <3 I haven't read 4&5, but I'll have to look into them!
      -Mikayla-

      Delete

Let’s talk! Comment about anything; my blog post, what music you’re listening to right now, how the weather is where you are, I want to hear it all! Check back for my replies.
If you are using the anonymous option, please leave your name so I know it is not a spam comment. Thank you!!
Let’s do this. What’s on your mind?