Tuesday, March 20, 2018

What is Going on in My Life


Hello everyone!

I feel like it's been forever since I've just given y'all an update on my life. Long story short: I've been very busy but not accomplishing a lot. Let's go through this by category.

Writing/editing: This week I've been working on editing my story Just Your Ordinary Thief. I was pretty excited when I went into this project, but then I hit a huge section that needs rewriting. That put a damper on my enthusiasm. I've been trying to tackle that, but progress is slow. I've got nearly a fifth of the book to rewrite. But, on the good side, I'm having a lot of fun revisiting these characters. My goal is to get that done before Camp NaNo next month.





Photography: I have been so happy now that spring is here that I get all these nature photography opportunities. One of the goals I've made for this year is to take a photo every day, so that's been kind of interesting to work on. Sometimes the photos are a little on the desperate side (desk, books, phone ext.), but it's also helped me to get out and take more photos.

Social Media: This week I've been working on cutting back on my social media, and it has been great. It is much harder then I expected though. *Cringe* I've started trying to only check my stuff twice a day. It doesn't always work, but it has made me much more aware of how I'm spending my time.





Misc: My brother has been teaching me to drive! I've really been enjoying that. Last night I drove into town for the first time. Since we live out in the country, it was a thirty-minute drive. Stopping smoothly is so much harder then I expected.

I rediscovered my Beauty and the Beast Broadway music, so I've been listening to that a lot lately. <3

So there you go, that's whats been going on in my life. What's up with you? Anyone else working on editing?

14 comments:

  1. Lovely photos! It looks like you're enjoying the spring blossoms. :) I know what you mean about social media, and good on you with driving! My younger sister is learning to drive as well, so I'm getting reminded what it feels like to learn the things that are a habit for me now! Thanks for the update, Mikayla - keep on keeping on! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah, social media is so easy to get sucked into. Haha, yeah, my brother is now making a list of things to teach me because he didn't want to forget anything he was used to. Thank you for taking the time to comment, Jessica, you always brighten my day!

      Delete
  2. I'm learning how to drive too! I've finally gotten stopping smoothly, but parallel parking is a whole different story... XD

    Your photos are so pretty! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome! Haha, yeah, I haven't even started in on that... Not sure I'm really ready for that. XD Have you hit anything yet? I almost backed into a car wash, but I stopped just in time.
      Thank you!

      Delete
    2. Not yet, praise the Lord!
      I'm glad you stopped in time, lol. XD

      Delete
    3. Awesome! Keep up the good work! Haha, yeah, I was very relieved to have stopped in time. ;D

      Delete
  3. Mikayla here in New York we are having a North Easter. Might receive 8 - 12 inches. Enjoy Spring in your area.
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yicks! I hope that melts soon! We always get a little bit of a cold front around Easter, but never anything like that! I hope you have an awesome winter anyway!

      Delete
  4. Wishing you all the best with your driving. Enjoy your music.
    HAPPY SPRING
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Marilyn! Haha, I will do that!!
      HAPPY SPING! <3

      Delete
  5. I've been writing lately too! What's your book about?
    Laura
    flowersinmybasket.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome! My book is about a sixteen year old girl who gets pulled into a crime fighting organization. Yep, it's just about as cliché as it sounds, but I'm having a blast writing it! What about your book?

      Delete
    2. Cool! Well, the story I've been working on recently is about a a young woman named Evangeline who goes to a small orphanage in Colorado, where she teaches a class. Eventually she's gonna find out that one of the orphans is her long lost sister!

      Delete

Let’s talk! Comment about anything; my blog post, what music you’re listening to right now, how the weather is where you are, I want to hear it all! Check back for my replies.
If you are using the anonymous option, please leave your name so I know it is not a spam comment. Thank you!!
Let’s do this. What’s on your mind?