Friday, March 23, 2018

We Could Do Better



We delight
In finding mistakes
We point them out
We triumph over
We say that we
Would never do that
We pick apart books
We bash politicians
We judge musicians
We say they're stupid
For making the mistakes
We say surely
They could have done better
They could have worked harder
They could have given their all
And all the while
We forget
That we weren’t made to judge
Pointing out flaws
Just to triumph over them
Is empty in the end
We could do so much better than this
If only we cared enough to try

I could do better. So, so much better.

5 comments:

Let’s talk! Comment about anything; my blog post, what music you’re listening to right now, how the weather is where you are, I want to hear it all! Check back for my replies.
If you are using the anonymous option, please leave your name so I know it is not a spam comment. Thank you!!
Let’s do this. What’s on your mind?