Tuesday, February 12, 2019

January Highlights


Hello everyone! January was a good month. I did not accomplish as much as I had hoped, but it was good anyway. =)

I completely cleaned out my room in the first part of the year. I got rid of a lot of stuff, and it was super nice to start the new year with a clean room.

So we were pulling some boxes out of our storage shed a few months ago, and the floor broke through. So we pulled some resources and built a new shed. Some friends came over and helped build it, but I did pitch in a little bit of help with hauling dirt for under it.

So many pretty sunrises.

After saving coins in a box for a long time, I finally cashed it in and got enough to buy a Sprocket (A mini photo printer) with!

I tried water marbling and loved it. =)

I stayed up till one AM with my sister watching the eclipse. I hate staying up past midnight, but it was so worth it to watch the eclipse.


A good part of my month was spent sorting through photos from the past six months and deleting blurry/duplicate/bad ones. It was a lot of work, but so worth it.

Our power went out at our house, so three of my sisters and I played a game of Pandemic by candlelight. (I knew there was a good reason I kept that candlestick holder around)

My babysitting job started up again. I get to hang out with some of my favorite kids. It doesn’t get much better than getting paid to play hide and seek and hug little kids.

I got to meet Gray Marie for lunch. As always, it was delightful.

And to end the month off, a dear friend of our family died. He had been a supporter of our family since we moved in twenty years ago, and it was hard to say goodbye. (I wrote a post about him here)



My favorite book from the month was Live Without You. <3 My least favorite was The Crux Anthology. It just wasn't my thing. 

Hard into Holy Brin Lael
Misty Waters A Farmgirls Life
An Adventure Stories by Firefly
Top ten books of 2018 The Destiny of One 
The Doings of Kate Once Upon an Ordinary
Identity, Dreams, and Future Sunshine and Joy

How was your January? 


2 comments:

  1. It was such a blessing meeting up with you! And thank you for linking my post. <33

    I'm so sorry about your family friend, I hope y'all are finding peace. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved meeting with you, Gray! (Sorry I missed this comment somehow!) You are welcome. =)

      Thank you! I am. Jesus has sent some peace in a lot of ways. <3

      Delete

Let’s talk! Comment about anything; my blog post, what music you’re listening to right now, how the weather is where you are, I want to hear it all! Check back for my replies.
If you are using the anonymous option, please leave your name so I know it is not a spam comment. Thank you!!
Let’s do this. What’s on your mind?