Friday, October 13, 2017

Ten Years, One Week



Its been ten years and one week since I was saved. So, instead of rambling on for a long time, I wrote a poem for y'all (Which happens to be rather long. Oh well.).

It’s been ten years
One decade
It seems so long ago 
And it seems like yesterday 
I was on my bed
At what used to be late at night
I asked for God to join me 
And come into my heart
I was the last one in my family 
And in ten years 
I’ve had three best friends 
I’ve grown up 
I’ve traveled to twenty different states
I began to write 
I took up photography
I met amazing people 
I learned so much
Like nothing is what I thought it would be 
That life changes 
When you least expect it to 
I didn’t know what I was getting into 
I didn’t know it would bring heartbreak 
I didn’t know about the healing 
I never thought about betrayal 
Of losing friends 
I didn’t know 
How much I’d rely on my God 
To pull me through 
But here we are 
Ten years later 
Grown up and broken 
But deep inside 
I still hold a seven year old 
With childish faith 
That God would make everything better
And deep down I know 
Even though things have changed 
They’re just as they should be 
And I wouldn’t change a day 
Of the last ten years and one week


So guys, tell me, how did you get saved? Please comment below and tell me!!

2 comments:

  1. "At what used to be late at night" I love the humor that always seems to peek through.

    I grew up knowing about God, evil, good, and the way to heaven through Jesus, but when I was around 14, I saw the damage to others that my pride was causing (not to mention making a fool of myself in a writing class), and I would think wicked things even if I wouldn't do them.
    I asked Him, over and over, to help fix me, and I was crushed at what I'd done to the "good kid." There's a difference between knowing you've got problems, and knowing your problem is a heart that can't help loving itself more than its Creator. I don't know exactly when it was, but He pointed me back to the cross. That's when I saw the "good kid" never existed - that He didn't just die for my sins - He died for *me.* And he wasn't going to "help" fix me - but he gave me a new heart.

    And that - is life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always find it amazing how each persons story is unique. It took me until I was around twelve and to realize how badly I messed up my life on my own to realize I couldn't do any better on my own. So even though I was saved at seven, it took awhile for me to fully accept all God wanted to do in my life.
      Thanks for sharing.
      -M-

      Delete

Let’s talk! Comment about anything; my blog post, what music you’re listening to right now, how the weather is where you are, I want to hear it all! Check back for my replies.
If you are using the anonymous option, please leave your name so I know it is not a spam comment. Thank you!!
Let’s do this. What’s on your mind?