Monday, October 2, 2017

September Highlights

I love all the Texas Strong stuff, so when I saw this banner I had to get my picture with it.


Hello everyone! Can you belive its October already? It seem ridiculous to me that September is over already, but here we are!





I don't know if you noticed, but there is a new design up on my blog! I was preparing to change some things about my header and I discovered that one of the font's I've been using is copyrighted. So I'm in the process of taking that font completely off of my blog. While I was at it, I made myself a new, cleaner header and I cleaned up the pages. The Extraordinary Blogs is what has changed the most. I updated a lot of information on there. What do you think? 






I got super, super frustrated with my work in progress, Flight From Kelar. Now, I am honest enough with myself to admit I would never give up on a project completely, but I really did feel like throwing it against a wall. Thankfully I didn't have it printed out yet. Editing has just been a pain with this project. But I'm happy to say after many frustrations, I'm finally making progress in my editing.

I also edited my July camp project; Healing Rain. This one didn't really need much work, so it was a nice break to be able to just whip through it. 





Me and my siblings had a day to ourselves, so we took advantage of it. We played freebie, ate pizza pockets, and drank lots of soda. We also played 2 ½ hours of Bring Your Own Book, which is quickly becoming one of my favorite games. If you don't know about this game, its basically Apples to Apples with books instead of cards. Its amazing. 

Made stuffed peppers. Why is this on my list of highlights? Well, I don't try out very much in the kitchen, but I decided I wanted to try stuffed peppers. I forgot to read the instructions until after I was done making them, and I left out a couple steps, but they ended up really good!

My sister Sarah and I cleaned the house really well while watching Star Treks. There is no a much better way to get through couch cleaning, scrubbing of floors, and endless dusting like Star Trek Next Generation. ;)






My sister Grace and I watched Leap in theaters for the second time. We may be in our late teens a early twenty's, but kids movies are still our thing. 

Our family and some friends went to Dunkin Donuts together. I'm more of a Krispi Kream girl myself, but donuts are pretty much good wherever you get them. Plus it was awesome hanging out with my friends

I spilled water on my brothers computer and it survived. That was a big praise God!
  


This is my little buddy who kindly posed for me outside of a shopping center. 

My graduation announcement! (It looks a little better with my last name in there. ;)

Lindsey from Grace Blossoms Photography and BFCG took my senior photos! That's those photos that are now on all my profiles and on the blog! If you want to see her post on the shoot, you can look at it here. I'll be posting some soon. Lindsey is such an awesome photographer and a really sweet girl. I'm telling you, I don't like being in front of the camera, but she made it easy! I was so excited to get these done!!

I officially graduated! As some of you may know, I haven't been doing school for a bit now. I've been working on my life skills and career options. Well, I finally officially graduated high school! *throws confetti* 






My favorite book from this month was The Red Signal by Grace Livingston Hill. It was so lovely and had so many tidbits about WWI. It gave me a really good feel for the time. 
My least favorite was Choosing Real. I didn't even finish it. The style just wasn't me. I don't normally mention two, but let's just say that Over Maya Dead Body did not live up to my expectations at all.



 There were so many good posts this month, I couldn't include half that I wanted to. 


Stay Totally Graced 

Enough Summer of 1999

Hey Dreamer Adventure Awaits

Summer Wrap Up Audrey Caylin

How Many Times A Purpose and a Promise


The Q&A is Here Adventures Beyond the Horizon

3 Tips To Battle Perfectionism Scattered Scribblings.



6 comments:

  1. I love your new blog header! Congratulations on graduating high school! That is SO awesome! Your senior pictures look wonderful, Lindsey did a fantastic job. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Abi!! <3 Didn't she? I just love how they turned out!
      Thank you so much for stopping by!!
      -Mikayla-

      Delete
  2. Your new header and updates are really pretty! It sounds like you had a great month- congrats on graduating! Your senior pictures are lovely. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Emily!! It was a really awesome month! Didn't Lindsey do a lovely job? I love them!
      Thank you so much, Emily!! <3

      Delete
  3. Oooh, Mikayla! I so agree about all the Texas Strong stuff that's everywhere! It's great! :D
    Awww, I'm still so giddy over how your pictures turned out and I'm SO glad you love them! :) <3
    Hugs, dear Mikayla!
    ~Lindsey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is pretty awesome!
      I apsalutly love them! They have been perfect for all my stuff! You did an amazing job!
      *HUGS*
      -Mikayla-

      Delete

Let’s talk! Comment about anything; my blog post, what music you’re listening to right now, how the weather is where you are, I want to hear it all! Check back for my replies.
If you are using the anonymous option, please leave your name so I know it is not a spam comment. Thank you!!
Let’s do this. What’s on your mind?