Friday, October 6, 2017

The Fight

Photo curtsy of Unsplah.com

This is a slightly fictionalized version of a real conversation I had with a friend.


Someone asked me

What the fight was

Why I keep saying

I’m in a battle

I wanted to tell them

All that had gone wrong

I wanted to spill my heart

I wanted to show them the fight

But instead I asked

How they could view life

As anything else

The battle is real

The struggle continues

But sometimes I forget

That not all of life is fighting

I need to take a breath

Take a rest from the fight

And put it all into the hands

Of the One who made me

Because I might fight

But He fights harder

I might struggle

But He already won the battle

I might loose

But He never will

I might stumble

But He will uphold me

Someone once asked me

What the fight is

And I had to reply

It is Gods.

4 comments:

  1. This is so true! Thanks for sharing this beautiful poem. xx
    "For the battle is the Lord's..." (1 Samuel 17:47)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for posting your beautiful comment!! <3
      Amen!
      -Mikayla-

      Delete
  2. Wow, this is so relevant to my life right now. Thank you. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Jessica. This meant a lot to me!!

      Delete

Let’s talk! Comment about anything; my blog post, what music you’re listening to right now, how the weather is where you are, I want to hear it all! Check back for my replies.
If you are using the anonymous option, please leave your name so I know it is not a spam comment. Thank you!!
Let’s do this. What’s on your mind?