Friday, December 22, 2017

Christmas Past

Me. 2017.
I was looking through my files tonight and I found a poem I wrote three years ago. This isn't anything super deep, or anything; its just the ramblings of a fifteen year old who was ready for Christmas. Said fifteen year old didn't keep with a consistent style of poetry, or care if it made sense or not, but I hope you'll like it anyway!


Twas the night before Christmas
When all through the house
Not a person was sleeping 
Bedtime everyone was breaking
But no one really cared 
Because the crime was shared 
Mikayla was pinning like crazy 
And being all together lazy 
But she couldn’t go to sleep 
Well, at least not very deep. 
She was too excited about the next day 
Even more then she could say 
The music coming through her headphones 
Is all cheer and nothing like the moans 
Tis getting quite late into the night 
But sleep is still not quite in sight
She must read a chapter or two 
Or maybe a whole book might insue 
But she doesn’t care that much 
As the circumstances are such
But now she will go 
And lie very low 
But the morning can’t come soon enough 
Not only because of all the stuff
But because of the family that will be there 
Who all will all love me and care

2 comments:

  1. I adore finding random pieces of writing I did years back. This poem is super cute.
    Happy Holidays! <3
    Simply Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, isn't that fun? I love doing that. ;D
      Merry Christmas, Vanessa!!

      Delete

Let’s talk! Comment about anything; my blog post, what music you’re listening to right now, how the weather is where you are, I want to hear it all! Check back for my replies.
If you are using the anonymous option, please leave your name so I know it is not a spam comment. Thank you!!
Let’s do this. What’s on your mind?