Monday, December 25, 2017

Merry Christmas || My Top Books of 2017











Hello everyone, Merry Christmas!! I hope your day has been amazing! 
I thought I'd go ahead and share my top books of 2017. First I'm going to start off with a couple short storys! All links lead to Goodreads.


33015956 36573613 35275004Andora's Folly Friends and Enemies

Short Story's:
(I will not be counting these with my books, but I felt they deserved a spot here.

 1. Andora's Folly by Abigayle Claire
(An amazing retelling of Pandora's box)

2. Last Wish by Valerie Howard 
(This story left me crying)

3. Red Boots by Kate Willis
(A sweet, heartfelt story)

4. A Place Called Lonesome by Jesseca Wheaton
(Had me crying in a good way)

5. Friends and Enemies by Jessica Greyson
(Awesome story collection)



The Girl Who Could SeeExiles (Ilyon Chronicles #4)Martin Hospitality (Martin Generations, #1)Control Girl: Lessons on Surrendering Your Burden of Control from Seven Women in the BibleEmmeline (Vintage Jane Austen)


My Favorite books of the year, not necessarily in order.

1. The Girl Who Could See by Kara Swanson
(This was probably one of the best written books I've ever read)

2. Exiles by Jaye L. Knight
(One of my favorites in this series so far)

3. Martin Hospitality by Abigayle Claire
(An amazing debut book with a powerful message)

4. Control Girl by Shannon Popkin
(Now my number one favorite non fiction book)

5. Emmeline  by Sarah Holman
(An amazing retelling of my favorite Jane Austen book)


Brothers-in-ArmsGrace Triumphant: A Tale of the Slave TradeAt Every TurnFirmament: GesternGift from the Storm

6. Grace Triumphant by Alicia A. Willis
(A powerful portrayal of grace)

7. Brothers-in-Arms by Jack Lewis Baillot
(An amazing, and realistic view at WWII)

8. Gift from the Storm by Rebekah A. Morris
(An awesome story and mystery)

9. Firmament: Gestern  by J. Grace Pennington
(Thought provoking and action packed)

10. At Every Turn by Anne Mateer
(A beautiful story with a great message)


What are your favorite books you've read this year?
Have you read any of these?

20 comments:

  1. Lovely post, Mikayla! I've read 6 of these, and most of the others are on my TBR. Amazing photos, as always! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is awesome! Which ones have you read? =D Thank you so much, Faith!

      Delete
    2. I've read "Martin Hospitality", "Gift from the Storm", "Red Boots", "A Place Called Lonesome", "Andora's Folly", and "Last Wish". :D

      Delete
    3. That's awesome! =D <3 I'm about to get Andora's Folly in paperback, I am SO excited!! =D
      -Mikayla-

      Delete
  2. Love your pictures in the beginning! So pretty! You mentioned some great books. Andora’s Folly and The Red Boots are definitely on my list of favorite short stories! My favorite book of this year was probably To Get to You by Joanne Bischof.

    ~Maddy
    maddysdigitaldiary.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Maddy! Aren't they? <3 I love those books. Awesome! I just read that book this month! =D
      -Mikayla-

      Delete
  3. Martin Hospitality has been a favorite for me this year too! The more I hear about Control Girl, the more I want to read it. ;) Looks like you had a great book year!! Here's to a fantastic 2018! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wasn't it an awesome book? *Hugs book and author* Control Girl is definitely an amazing book. It really changed my outlook on a lot of things. It was pretty awesome! Ditto! =D
      -Mikayla-

      Delete
  4. Is that a bowl of snow to munch on? Haha I hope so, that is for sure something I would do! Always so out of the book loop but hopefully not for long.
    Simply Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah! I love snow ice cream!! =D Hopefully you can get back into it soon! ;)
      -Mikayla-

      Delete
  5. Beautiful pictures! Lol, did you make snow-ice cream?
    Thank you for sharing the book titles... I have heard of a few of them, but am interested in checking some of them out. Two of my absolute favorite books that I read this year was Kisses From Katie and No Compromise.

    Livvy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yep, probably way more then I should have eaten. ;D
      Oh, Kisses From Katie was good. I hope you find some new books to read here! =D
      -Mikayla-

      Delete
  6. I have read some of these books! A couple of the others look pretty good though! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats awesome! Which one is your favorite that you've read? =D

      Delete
    2. I really liked "Martin Hospitality" and "Gift from the Storm" was great too! :)

      Delete
    3. Awesome! Both of those are awesome. I loved the style of MH and I love amnesia story's so GFTS was right up my ally. ;D

      Delete
  7. Yes! I made the list! *does a happy dance* Now to read the few on this list that I haven't

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, you would have taken more spots, but I thought that might look like favoritism. ;) Know that all your books are one my "favorites" list.

      Delete
  8. What?! My book made your top of the year list? I'm flattered, honored, and excited. :) Thank you for loving it. (And in case you wanted to know, personality wise, I'm Sara, only I dislike cooking.)

    Hmm, of this list I've read: A Place Called Lonesome, Red Boots, Emmeline, and my own. (If that counts.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was my pleasure! Awesome! =D

      Cool! All those are awesome! I read a lot more short story's this year then last. =)

      -M-

      Delete

Let’s talk! Comment about anything; my blog post, what music you’re listening to right now, how the weather is where you are, I want to hear it all! Check back for my replies.
If you are using the anonymous option, please leave your name so I know it is not a spam comment. Thank you!!
Let’s do this. What’s on your mind?