Friday, July 20, 2018

Future



Future
It's a rather ominous word 
Its a hopeful word 
It holds everything we will be 
And everything we will do 
Future 
Its unattainable in a way 
But also you are living it 
It is what you dreamed of 
Yet it's not 
Future 
It's where God already is 
He is in your present 
He promises it will all be 
For your ultimate good
Future 
Leads us nearer and nearer 
Always one step closer 
To eternity with Christ 
It is all building towards then 
Future 
Is endless 
But we must build it 
Store up treasures for it 
Build relationships for it
Future 
Is forever 
And it is held by the One 
Who took the nails 
So you could spend it with Him


This is probably one of my favorite poems I have written all year.

4 comments:

  1. The last verse is my very favorite.

    -Rebekah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, as someone who dreads the future, I love this so much!

    ReplyDelete

Let’s talk! Comment about anything; my blog post, what music you’re listening to right now, how the weather is where you are, I want to hear it all! Check back for my replies.
If you are using the anonymous option, please leave your name so I know it is not a spam comment. Thank you!!
Let’s do this. What’s on your mind?