Monday, July 9, 2018

June Highlights


Hello! I know this post is late, but I thought better late then never! ;)


I finally finished watching Five Mile Creek. I have to admit, I did not like the last season at all, and the ending was very disapointng. =/

My dog an I went on a couple adventures this month. Mostly we chaised sunsets, and enjoyed the summer solstice. He's a really good gaurd dog, so it's nice to have him along for walks. 

I got my haircut. This is the shortest I've ever had it and i'm liking it, but also missing long hair.

I began a new round of edits on Flight from Kelar which involes me pulling out all my highlighters and marking up the printed pages until they look like a rainbow. It's been going surprisingly well.

A church just down the road is having a movie party every week, so I've been biking down. It's been pretty fun. So far none of the movies have been incredible, but I love hanging out with people.





Willow City releesed their new album! I was really excited about this, since we were part of the kickstarter campain. =D

I watched "I can Only Imagine." Wasn't overly impressed, but I did like it.

I reviewed my one and only Beatheny House book. Yep, they just changed their reviewer program, and I didn't bother re-signing up because I wasn't seeing a lot that I wanted to read anyway. Anyway, I am now in search of another reviewer program, so if you are a part of one, drop me a comment about it.

I drowned my phone. Like it sat in water for about twenty minutes drowned. But somehow it survived unscathed (Praise God!). I also drowned my sisters phone. It survived to.

I was in Sam's and they had a vending machine where you scanned your club card and you got a free candy sample. I got so excited. XD




The Cortship of the Vicers Doughter was my favorite from this month and Together forgever was my least. 
Verbs Burning Youth
Of Broken Things Writing is Life
Window Fellow Stories by Firefly 
Sweet Summertime Totally Graced
Your Life Matters Lauren Elizabeth 
(Don't) Walk Away A Purpose and a Promise
When an Overachiever Rebels Adventure Awaits

My June was pretty awesome. Not perfect (Like always) but good. 
What was your favorite book you read in June?

17 comments:

  1. Aww, thanks for linking to my story! <3 Sounds like you have a lovely month. :)
    I'm a part of several reviewer programs. Bethany House and Revell are probably my favorites. Tyndale House is great too, but I saw somewhere that they're closing to new applications... Blogging for Books and BookCrash are pretty good as well. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was my pleasure! I loved your story! =D
      I did have an awesome month, thank you!
      Ohh, thank you so much! I will have to look into those!

      Delete
  2. Oh, and if you like devotionals and Christian living type books, I totally recommend B&H/Lifeway's review program. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Mikayla you sure had a busy June. I am looking forward to seeing your new hair cut.
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it was pretty packed! I'll post pictures soon!!

      Delete
  4. Hi Mikayla, What an interesting post. I love your choice of books. Your bookshelves look so interesting. My sisters and I have a lot of Nancy Drew books and Janette Oke,too. Can't wait to see your new haircut. Glad your phone as well as your sister's were okay. I have read one of Luwanna Blackwell's series and enjoyed them. Looks like we have similar tastes in books.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Marilyn! Aww, thanks! I love my bookselfs. =) Ohh, fun! What is your favorite Nancy Drew?
      I'll post a picture soon! I wanted to do it in this post, but it didn't work out. ;P
      That is so cool! Are you on Goodreads?

      Delete
  5. Thank you for the mention! <3

    I'm glad you had a good June!!

    And you know Willow City?! My mom was born and lived in the same town as them and is friends with them! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure!

      How was your June?

      Actually they are my (second) cousins. XD I love their music though!! Have you met them?

      Delete
    2. My June was great, just busy. ^_^

      I have, but I was really young so I don't really remember, but we actually have pictures of Asa and I playing together when I was around two.

      Delete
    3. That's good!

      How fun! =D Asa was an awesome kid. He, Liza and I used to play a lot. =D

      Delete
  6. Great update post! So did you like Together Forever? I am reading a book by that same author!
    -Brooklyne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Actually, I didn't even finished it. The author went further with the romance then I would have liked. If you want to see my full review of it and content review it's here: https://ordinarygirlextraordinaryfather.blogspot.com/2018/06/together-forever-book-review.html

      Delete
  7. Its so inspiring that at a young age you have you collection of books already. And also nice that you have a cool church which played movies every week. Keep writing dear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I have been collecting books for 10+ years. ;D I love them. =) Yeah, it is pretty nice.
      Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  8. Cool stuff!

    I've seen Willow City "floating around the internet" a lot recently! What is their music style? :)

    I. . . didn't read any books in June. O.O I mean, I was in the middle of four, and but didn't finish any in June, so I probably read an average of two. :P I'm reading Stephen Lawhead's Robin Hood retelling--it's a little "grown up", but not much worse than the Ilyon books, and it's EPIC.

    YES, I love your Nancy Drew collection! So neat.

    My sister does Booklook Bloggers for Thomas Nelson, she likes that. :)

    -Rebekah Stargazer

    ReplyDelete

Let’s talk! Comment about anything; my blog post, what music you’re listening to right now, how the weather is where you are, I want to hear it all! Check back for my replies.
If you are using the anonymous option, please leave your name so I know it is not a spam comment. Thank you!!
Let’s do this. What’s on your mind?