Friday, December 21, 2018

Loosing Christmas Joy


Christmas joy 
Seems lost this year
The sparkle of the season 
Seems beyond my reach 
Nothing I do 
Can bring it back 
I struggle to find 
That magic anticipation 
That longing in my heart 
For that special day 
But this year seems to go by 
In faded black and white
I can’t find my Christmas spirit
And I have begun to wonder 
If I’ll ever get it back 

And somehow 
As these thoughts go 
Through my mind 
I realize 
I’m focusing on me 
During a season 
That’s all about Him 
So maybe instead 
Of being worried
That I’ve lost my anticipation 
I should focus 
On God’s amazing gift 
And the fact that this year 
My family is all together 

I won't be posting on Monday because of Christmas, but I'll be back next Friday!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Mikayla, Wishing you and yours a Merry Christmas and a Blessed 2019. God Bless.
    Marion and Marilyn

    ReplyDelete

Let’s talk! Comment about anything; my blog post, what music you’re listening to right now, how the weather is where you are, I want to hear it all! Check back for my replies.
If you are using the anonymous option, please leave your name so I know it is not a spam comment. Thank you!!
Let’s do this. What’s on your mind?