Friday, July 31, 2015

Food For Thought #27

Praising the Lord. 


Praising the Lord isn't something you should just do in worship service. It should be a big part of every day. 
I realized this week while doing my morning devotions that I really had not set apart any time recently just to praise the Lord. There certainly are enough things in the world to praise him about. Sometimes I get so caught up in asking for things that I forget to say a simple 'Thank you' everyone once in a while. 

Psalm 150
 Praise the Lord.
Praise God in his sanctuary;
    praise him in his mighty heavens.
Praise him for his acts of power;
    praise him for his surpassing greatness.
Praise him with the sounding of the trumpet,
    praise him with the harp and lyre,
praise him with timbrel and dancing,
    praise him with the strings and pipe,
 praise him with the clash of cymbals,
    praise him with resounding cymbals.
Let everything that has breath praise the Lord.
Praise the Lord.

Psalm 103 
Praise the Lord, my soul;
    all my inmost being, praise his holy name.
Praise the Lord, my soul,
    and forget not all his benefits—
 who forgives all your sins
    and heals all your diseases,
who redeems your life from the pit
    and crowns you with love and compassion,
 who satisfies your desires with good things
    so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.

Thanks for reading. 
-Mikayla-

Food For Thought is open for guest posts. If you are interested, please, drop me a note in the sidebar or in the comments. I would love to host you.

2 comments:

Let’s talk! Comment about anything; my blog post, what music you’re listening to right now, how the weather is where you are, I want to hear it all! Check back for my replies.
If you are using the anonymous option, please leave your name so I know it is not a spam comment. Thank you!!
Let’s do this. What’s on your mind?