Friday, June 2, 2017

Ink Spills From the Heart


This is a collection of short poems I wrote. They have no relation to each other. 

I cannot see the tops of the mountains 
Nor can I view the bottom of the sea
How much more can I fathom 
The height and depth of your love?

//

Walls falling down
But steeple still standing 
Glad to be a house of God 
Because even though the congregation 
Had left years ago 
God is still there

//

You will die 
The memory of you may die 
But your influence cannot die

//

Ink spills from the heart 
Story’s pour forth 
Like the crashing of a waterfall
Some stories permanently stain 
The paper of the heart 
Some fade with time 
All built the person 
Into who they are

//

This last one is about a friends grandmother who died this year. 


I never knew you 
You never knew me 
but we both knew of each other
I don't know what they told you 
About the things that I did 
But I know what they said about you
And you influenced me
Even though we never met
I could see your love 
In your descendants 
and that's just one of the things 
 That made you an amazing picture 
of God's priceless love


4 comments:

  1. Sometimes, you can say a lot with just a few words.... Love what you did with these short but sweet poems ! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you so much, Emily. Your encouragement really means a lot to me. <3

      Delete
  2. These are all so good. You are really good at poems!

    ReplyDelete

Let’s talk! Comment about anything; my blog post, what music you’re listening to right now, how the weather is where you are, I want to hear it all! Check back for my replies.
If you are using the anonymous option, please leave your name so I know it is not a spam comment. Thank you!!
Let’s do this. What’s on your mind?