Wednesday, September 27, 2017

I'm Not Like Them



My mistake! This was supposed to go up Friday, but I'm just going to leave it up anyway.


Sometimes I look
And I see what they’re doing
I cringe inside
Because I’m not like them
I’m not very popular
I’m not getting a lot done
I’m not running myself ragged
I’m not even relaxing the same way
Everything they do
I wish I could do
Because they have what I want
And as I watch them
I cringe inside
Because I’m not like them
I’m not deep like them
I can’t quote God’s word as well
I haven’t traveled very much
I got my first job late
I can’t keep up with them
I cringe inside
Knowing I can’t be like them
But as I grow older
I have to begin to wonder
If maybe they cringe inside to
Because they can’t be like me


It hurts to compare yourself to someone else. 
It hurts when someone compares themselves to you. 

5 comments:

  1. I love this so much, having thought the same things myself. Beautiful job, Mikayla! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I relate to this so much. Inadequacy is a real, and sometimes painful, thing. But your conclusion was really encouraging. I need to get some of that positivity into my thinking! Thank you. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, inadequacy is really hard. Thank you so much!! <3 Your comment meant a lot to me!
      -Mikayla-

      Delete

Let’s talk! Comment about anything; my blog post, what music you’re listening to right now, how the weather is where you are, I want to hear it all! Check back for my replies.
If you are using the anonymous option, please leave your name so I know it is not a spam comment. Thank you!!
Let’s do this. What’s on your mind?