Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Camp Update || I Won!


Happy May everyone! I was going to be all cool and post my April highlights on the first. It was going to be beautiful. Than I got sick... yeah, it was a minor stomach bug and it halted all my work for a couple days. Good news, I had already finished Camp, so I didn't have to worry about that! But the highlights will be coming soon.

So yeah, Camp went relatively well. I had quite a few times when I really didn't think I was going to met my goal, but I managed (With help from my pep talkers) to do it! I reached 30k Thursday night and than promptly crashed and fell asleep. 

Below (After the random photos that I've chosen to include) is a snidbit of the second story I was working on this month; Just Your Ordinary Sister. It's unedited, but I hope you enjoy it anyway! 



“Come on, Mandy,” I said to myself “we’ve got to face her someday.” 

I pushed away from the wall and entered the building. Summer break was just starting, giving me a great opportunity to spend time with Matt and Brook uninterrupted. 

The trip up to the apartment was too short to calm my nerves. I had always loved hanging out with Brook. She provided a moral compass for me, pointing me back to God. She welcomed me with open arms and she always made me feel like I belonged. But right now, I would rather have stayed away. Now she pulled me closer to the memories rather than driving them away. 

I paused outside the door and rubbed my temples. I had gone to work with Matt, like normal and all the paperwork had given me a headache. Maybe I could just slip in and lay down. 

I laughed at my own idea. It wasn’t like you could really sneak around in a four-room apartment. 

I used my passkey to get into the apartment, bracing myself as I did. 

Just as expected, Brook was sitting on the couch, waiting for me. 


So how was your camp? 

6 comments:

  1. Congrats! And that snippet is amazing!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on winning Camp!!! And wow, I'm intrigued by your story. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! Thanks for sharing a snippet of your writing with us - I would gladly read more. ;) It sounds interesting, and it kind of relates to experiences I've had.

    Also, I wish I could give you an award for the most consistent and regular blogger! You have a new post up before I get to comment on the last one - I have no idea how you do it, but keep up the great work! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was my pleasure!! Haha, well I might just have to post more soon! Hum, that's interesting!

      Awww, thank you so much, Jessica!! You have no idea how much that means to me. THANK YOU!! *Hugs* Your comments always make my day.

      Delete

Let’s talk! Comment about anything; my blog post, what music you’re listening to right now, how the weather is where you are, I want to hear it all! Check back for my replies.
If you are using the anonymous option, please leave your name so I know it is not a spam comment. Thank you!!
Let’s do this. What’s on your mind?