Saturday, March 29, 2014

Help!

Hey guys, I need your help. As you know I'm editing Robin Hood. Or attempting to as the case may be. Most of the stuff I'm doing is re-writing small portions so its nothing anybody else could do but I need your advice. I don't know why but my writing voice is messed up, I can't seem to get back on the roll of this book and get into Robin's character. I'm even having trouble listening to the accents that are trying to get through. I've tried listening to music, looking at photos of the characters and just forcing myself to edit anyway and I still can't get back into the nitch which I really want to do. Any ideas?
Thanks! 
-Mikayla-

2 comments:

  1. Take a break! A lot of times you can get so wrapped up in TRYING to do it that nothing gets done. Step back from it. Take a least a week, or even a month just to relax. Try to push it off to the side and forget about it. Clear your head. After some time has passed, then jump back into it. It will help, I promise. Don't try to force and make it happen. Writing is creative, and if your creative juices are flowing, then let them get time to start flowing again. Hope it helps! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the advice Jessica, I'll give it a try and tell you how it goes! =D

      Delete

Let’s talk! Comment about anything; my blog post, what music you’re listening to right now, how the weather is where you are, I want to hear it all! Check back for my replies.
If you are using the anonymous option, please leave your name so I know it is not a spam comment. Thank you!!
Let’s do this. What’s on your mind?