Friday, June 26, 2015

Food For Thought #22

About someone who has influenced me. 


Hey everyone, before I dive into my post, I wanted to tell ya'll that this one of hopefully a lot to come of a short little story in my life about someone or something that really impacted me and hopefully it will inspire ya'll as well. Enjoy!

Once there was a girl who wanted to try out being an actor. So, my older sister Rose, was working on a film project one time and they needed extras, and she asked if I wanted to go. I said yes very quickly and the next day we went very early in the morning. I was a bit of the odd one out, because all these people had spent all week together and knew each other when I had just come in for the day. I was going to a separate set then my sister, so I got into the van with five other people to go to our set. I sat in the back seat alone, while a married couple sat in the front, and two girls and one guy sat in the middle. I was beginning to feel very left out after 20 minutes in the car and I still hadn’t been spoken to. Then, out of the blue, the guy in the middle seat turned back and said; “I’m sorry, we’ve kind of been ignoring you. Are you okay?” I have absolutely no idea what I responded, but I can tell you I was beaming ear to ear. I later learned the guy’s name is J.C and to this day, over three years later, J.C. is still one of my heroes. Its people like him who actually make a difference in stranger’s lifes. I have never seen him again, and I don’t know if he would even recognize me if I did, but I wish I could so that I could thank him.

Never underestimate the power of a simple kindness. J.C. has influenced the way I treat people, all because he did was say hello to the girl in the back seat.
-Mikayla-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let’s talk! Comment about anything; my blog post, what music you’re listening to right now, how the weather is where you are, I want to hear it all! Check back for my replies.
If you are using the anonymous option, please leave your name so I know it is not a spam comment. Thank you!!
Let’s do this. What’s on your mind?