Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Writing Wednesday #11

Tips for writing for when you don't feel like writing.



Lately I haven’t felt much like writing. I’ve had big goals for how much I want to write and how fast, but I’ve been barely able to keep up with them because I just don’t feel like it. So, these last week, I’ve had a lot of practice on how to write when you don’t feel like it. Here’s a list for ya:

1.      Consider lowering your goals.
Sometimes, without realizing it, our goals for writing can be putting too much stress on us and making it hard to write because we just keep watching our word count, wishing it would go up on its own. This is not always the problem, but you might consider lowering your goals just a bit to take pressure off yourself if it is.

2.      Set aside time for writing.
Instead of just writing when you want to (Which, when you don’t really feel like it, is usually never) set apart a half hour, or so of you day for writing. Do it in a time you know you will be free and when that time comes, go and write. Sometimes consistently writing a little bit each day, even if you don’t feel like it, will help you get back into the mood.

3.      Find some new inspiration.
If part of why you’re not writing is because you feel sort of board of your story, or you just can’t think of what should happen next, hunting around on Pintrest for some new ideas for it might be a good idea. Or maybe getting some new music to listen to while writing, you’d be amazed how much inspiration it can give you. (I recommend Two Steps from Hell, they do classical music. And no, it is not as creepy as there name sounds.)

4.      Give yourself motivation.
Sometimes I’ve figured out that giving myself motivation for writing is all I really need to get into the mood for it. Such as letting yourself have a piece of candy if you write for thirty minutes. Or anything like that. It doesn’t have to be much.

5.      Take a deep breath.
AND DO NOT FREAK OUT!!!!! Freaking out because your not in the mood to right is the worst thing you can possible do, you might end up making yourself worse because of this. So, take a deep breath, clam down, and read a good book. Good books inspire good writing.


So, there you go, my tips on writing when you don’t feel like it. I hope this helps you!

-Mikayla-

P.S. If you haven't already entered my giveaway, please do that HERE

2 comments:

  1. Hey Mikayal! I nominated you for the Best Blogging Buddies Award over at my blog! :) Here is the link http://www.everybitoflovely13.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Shelby!! =D I'll get to that as soon as I can! =D
      -Mikayla-

      Delete

Let’s talk! Comment about anything; my blog post, what music you’re listening to right now, how the weather is where you are, I want to hear it all! Check back for my replies.
If you are using the anonymous option, please leave your name so I know it is not a spam comment. Thank you!!
Let’s do this. What’s on your mind?