Friday, November 2, 2018

It Feels Like You Have Forever


I said goodbye to some friends recently that I knew I might not see again.


It feels like you have forever 
Until you don't 
It feels like they will always be there 
Until they're not 
Trying to cram a lifetime of memories 
Into one week 
Trying to get hours of conversations 
In one visit 
Pretending you're heart isn't breaking 
When it is 
Pretending you'll see each other soon 
When you won't 
Pushing away the tears that threaten 
Until you're alone 
Pushing away the thought of tomorrow 
Until it's here 
Attempting to smile through the pain 
Striving for hope 
Attempting to say a goodbye that lasts 
Striving for a memory
Hoping you are remembered 
After they leave 
Hoping you get to see them again 
After they're gone 

8 comments:

  1. Such a hard thing to do...you summed it up perfectly. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trying to cram a lifetime of memories
    Into one week
    Trying to get hours of conversations
    In one visit
    Pretending you're heart isn't breaking
    When it is
    ....
    Hoping you are remembered
    After they leave

    Wow, girl. I related to this poem way too much. As soon as I saw the title, I knew I was going to cry. And...yeah, pretty much. You have such a way with words. This one is painfully beautiful. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I cried when I wrote it, so we're in this together. <3 Thank you so much. <3

      Delete
  3. I've been meaning to tell you this for a while, but I think your blog heading is the prettiest ever! And your blog post graphics are so pretty. You use my favourite font. :D Also, you're a great photographer! :)

    ~Katja L.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, thank you so much!! I love that font. It's one of my favorites. =) Thank you so much, Katja. <3

    ReplyDelete

Let’s talk! Comment about anything; my blog post, what music you’re listening to right now, how the weather is where you are, I want to hear it all! Check back for my replies.
If you are using the anonymous option, please leave your name so I know it is not a spam comment. Thank you!!
Let’s do this. What’s on your mind?