Friday, April 8, 2016

Food For Thought #62

Comfort zones 


On Tuesday I filmed the Q&A video. I lugged all my gear up to the woods, set up, and filmed my opening statement about five times before my voice stopped shaking enough that I could actually film it all the way though. I was so scared. I mean, I’ve never done a video of myself before. For many of you, this will probably be the first time you’ve actually seen me actually talk. I was nervous, I mean, what if I messed up and no one liked it? About the sixth time I started filming I got used to the fact that I was talking to a camera while alone in the woods and managed to get through the whole video. And then I watched it.

It was actually alright. Except for the fact that I was licking my lips through the whole thing, there was a piece of pollen on my head and I kept stammering for words. Not to mention I somehow missed this one girls questions.

So, guess what I did this morning. Yep. I re-filmed the video. I lugged all my equipment back up into the woods, and made actually a pretty decent film. Even if I did drop all the questions on the ground at the end and have the camera unfocused and then refocus every time I moved too much.  It’s pretty good. I look forward to showing it to y’all.

I guess my point is that filming a video of myself is way out of my comfort zone. I knew when I asked y’all for questions for this that it would be hard for me to do. But you know what, it was really worth it. Being shoved out of my comfort zone was good for me. I tend to want to stay in my comfort zone, thus missing out on a lot in life because I think it would be super scary out there. But in actuality, when I finally got down to doing the video, it wasn’t bad at all.

I’m not saying I’m good at stepping out of my comfort zone. I’m actually pretty horrible at it. I still freeze up a little bit every time I have to answer the phone, but I’m working at it, and that’s the best I can do.

So what’s one way you’ve stepped out of your comfort zone lately? How did that work out for you?
Whats one way you wish you could step out of your comfort zone more?

4 comments:

  1. Kudos to you for doing this! I'm glad it turned out all right :) I think stepping out of your comfort zone can be very important! It's how you live life.

    Ellie | On the Other Side of Reality

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Indeed it is. =)
      Thanks for your comment Ellie!
      -Mikayla-

      Delete
  2. I can't wait to see the question and answer video!! Stepping out of your comfort zone is important, for me at least. I don't want to live life deep in my comfort zone, every once in awhile I need to step out. :)
    ~Katie@ sparklyambitions.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I can't wait to show it to you! Yes, it is important!
      Thank you so much for commenting!
      -Mikayla-

      Delete

Let’s talk! Comment about anything; my blog post, what music you’re listening to right now, how the weather is where you are, I want to hear it all! Check back for my replies.
If you are using the anonymous option, please leave your name so I know it is not a spam comment. Thank you!!
Let’s do this. What’s on your mind?