Friday, April 29, 2016

Food For Thought #65

Confidence 


There are lots of different descriptions of confidence out there but yesterday I felt a urge to write my own. This is what self confidence means to me. 

Confidence is the daily decision to be okay with who you are and what you have become. It doesn't mean that you love everything about yourself, or that you don't feel you have room to get better; it is simply a confidence that you do not have to be afraid of others or yourself noticing your faults. It is being comfortable enough with yourself that while you know you faults are bad, you have enough faith in your God to know that he will help you deal with them and you don't have to stress about them. God made you how you are so why not live confident that he didn't make any mistakes and that he loves you just the way you are.


2 Corinthians 3:4-5
Such confidence we have through Christ before God. Not that we are competent in ourselves to claim anything for ourselves, but our competence comes from God. 

6 comments:

  1. Very well-written!
    Oh, and I wanted to let you know that I tagged you for the Infinity Dreams award, if you're interested. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      Alright! I'll check that out as soon as I can! Thanks for ttaggingme! =D

      -Mikayla-

      Delete
  2. I love this post! I think confidence is contentment; realizing that even if you aren't totally happy with where you are now, you're happy with how you're moving forward and where you're going.

    Ellie | On the Other Side of Reality

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That is a great way of putting it, Ellie! Thank you for sharing! =D

      -Mikayla-

      Delete
  3. I really love this Mikayla! I feel the same way about self-confidence.

    Allie D.
    www.alliesblogdesigns.blogspot.com
    www.friendlovesatalltimes.blogspot.com
    www.sincerelyallied.blogspot.com
    www.spreadingmyjoy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed it!
      Thanks for taking the time to comment, it means a lot to me!
      -Mikayla-

      Delete

Let’s talk! Comment about anything; my blog post, what music you’re listening to right now, how the weather is where you are, I want to hear it all! Check back for my replies.
If you are using the anonymous option, please leave your name so I know it is not a spam comment. Thank you!!
Let’s do this. What’s on your mind?